detectorismo

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab E Trac, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen several you tube sessions on how to make an E Trac wireless. In the you tube they use a wireless guitar transmiter. This unit ships from England, however, if you try to buy from ebay they point out that item cannot be shipped to US.
No problem, there is an option. Use a Logitec MP 3 wireless unit with headphones, works great, unit is small smaller than a large pack of gum or a little longer than two quarters side be side and thinner than a pack of cigarrets, I have pictures, have to see how to load them.
Another pro with this unit- no batteries. Both units are charged on same charger. Sound is awesome, holds charge for 8 hours. I can now hear really deep signals, when I tested it out, I sent to trashy area on purpose and found silver dime.

OP
OP
detectorismo

detectorismo

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some pictures hope they come out

Attachments

• P2280004.JPG
    P2280004.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 763
  • P2280007.JPG
    P2280007.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 527
  • P2280011.JPG
    P2280011.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 547
OP
OP
detectorismo

detectorismo

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cost for unit, based on todays prices and where you may findthem is about 129. I had the unit in with my detecting supplies and has been there for years. They work great and should work on other models and makes.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's my set up.... Wireless headphones set up for my ETrac.....

NO delay (it's not bluetooth)...
rechargable (transmitter and headset)...
plugs into any machine (with the adapter at any electronics store for under $5)...
has it's own volume (to fine tune threshold and tones)...

and it's UNDER $100 ! ! ! (I think I paid $79)

Auvio set and you have to get them online now. Radio Shack.

The transmitter has a built in rechargable battery and the headphones use 2 AAA rechargeables. Comes with a split cable to charge both at once. FULL CHARGE is sweet cause the 'lit' Auvio logo stops blinking and is steady...

here's a few pics of them and my ETrac

notice the transmitter out the back of the ETrac...very small.

Tooting the horn about the covers...
the covers are NEW Kovar covers, and waterproof. The Etrac head unit has a 'clear-sof' face. Covering the screen. The part of the cover that sits away from the ETrac face, but is soft enough to use the buttons and non-reflective and waterproof. The Etrac head unit can pretty much be 'dunked' with this cover on it cause it pretty much totally enclosed, as you can see aroudn the grip to the head unit, so rain is laughable...lol

I went with the digital camo... go ahead and laugh...LOL

Attachments

• phones 1.jpg
    phones 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 533
  • phones 2.jpg
    phones 2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 761
  • phones 1.jpg
    phones 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 362
  • phones 2.jpg
    phones 2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 400

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
headphones are just as good as the KOSS..... comfort and sound range

brother steve

Greenie
Feb 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got th ewhole set up transmitter and headphone for 20.00 bucks on Amazon. Was 60.000 marked down. It has all the freq. ranges and it recharable.

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
been using the auvio set up for about a year now on my explorer se pro and it works great dont have to deal with the head phone cable

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
i also use the auvio i only wish i had them sooner they work great the ones they sent with the e trac were terrible they fell off my head if i even looked down dennis

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tooting the horn about the covers...
the covers are NEW Kovar covers, and waterproof. The Etrac head unit has a 'clear-sof' face. Covering the screen. The part of the cover that sits away from the ETrac face, but is soft enough to use the buttons and non-reflective and waterproof. The Etrac head unit can pretty much be 'dunked' with this cover on it cause it pretty much totally enclosed, as you can see aroudn the grip to the head unit, so rain is laughable...lol

I use the Auvio on my F2 and plan on using it with my E-Trac when it arrives. The set-up works great and is very lightweight.

I sure wish I new more about the cover you have. I really like it, even though I would probably choose a different color. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions