E-trac headphones issue

missoiula4me

Aug 4, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only had my E-trac a few months. I am having a major problem with the headphones jack. It's not seating so I might go several feet or more before I realize the silence is not the lack of targets. When it comes out, it just goes silent. The signal doesn't just become audible like you'd expect. For the amount of money this thing cost, it should do my dang laundry. I'm already missing my MXT Pro.

Any similar complaints?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had just a question not to get off ur subject but how come u chose the minelabe instead of another whites

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The headphone jack should be very firm on the E-Trac. The plug should not be able to come loose. It fits in there very snugly.

Sounds like you have a problem with your jack that is not normal. I'd suggest you send it back for repairs.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had that problem with mine, but if you don't already, make sure you remove the headphones before storing the detector. Bumping into the jack can eventually lead to bad connections. In your case, it sounds like there is something wrong in the socket.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What headphones are you using? It could be them. The koss that come with it are easily broken do to the straight plug. Koss should have made it an angled plug in my opinion.

If it is machine be sure to call Minelab, they will take care of you.

OP
OP
M

missoiula4me

Aug 4, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose the Minelab for its ability to tweak the unit depending on locations, target desired and based on Minelab's reputation. You really wanted the CTX 3030 but it's too much money.

OP
OP
M

missoiula4me

Aug 4, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I resolved the problem. The headphones were faulty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread