E-Trac ID for Indian Head Pennies?

asmerri

Mar 19, 2013
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac
Hello All,

I have spoken with a few individuals on T-net regarding etrac readings for Indian head pennies. I was initially told that Indians Fe numbers read lower (8-11) and their Co numbers are from 30-33. I have been digging these signals and coming up with nothing but can slaw, pull tabs and nasty zinc pennies. I would love to hear some fellow E-tracers opinions. These are my favorite coin and I have only managed to find one of them.

I do realize that number one, you have to be in an area that contains Indians and number two, ground mineralization impacts readings.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my soil, the Ferrous numbers do range between 08-11, but the conductive side always seems to be 41. Keep in mind that the numbers do fluctuate depending on mineralization of the ground.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't pay attention to the FE much, but in my area the Indian Heads come in from CO 36 - 38.

OP
OP
asmerri

asmerri

Mar 19, 2013
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac
If not digging civil war relics or gold, is there really anything worth digging from 15 through 33 on conductive numbers? Oh and thanks for the advice on the IH pennies. Sounds like the numbers vary pretty drastically from state to state based on soil conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread