Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All dealers are going to be pretty much the same. Some might throw in a pinpointer or other extras to sweeten the deal.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Some mfrs have what is called a "MAP" (minimum advertised price allowed) but dealers can quote a lower price in phone call or e-mail. A while back I was looking at Minelab website & didn't even see any MSRPs, so apparently they want their dealers to be able to charge more if they want, or to sell as cheap as they want? No MSRPs on the website was something I'd never seen before. HH, George (MN)

OP
OP
J

John S

Dec 5, 2005
George (MN) said:
Some mfrs have what is called a "MAP" (minimum advertised price allowed) but dealers can quote a lower price in phone call or e-mail. A while back I was looking at Minelab website & didn't even see any MSRPs, so apparently they want their dealers to be able to charge more if they want, or to sell as cheap as they want? No MSRPs on the website was something I'd never seen before. HH, George (MN)
Thanks you are right I found a dealer that will sale me a new one for $1250.00.

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
Windy City Metal Detectors, Ron Shore, has the absolute best deal...IMO. You will have money left over to get a Sunray probe even.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jayallday14 said:
Windy City Metal Detectors, Ron Shore, has the absolute best deal...IMO. You will have money left over to get a Sunray probe even.

I agree. That's where I got mine, with a probe for under $1,100

Bradley137

Aug 4, 2007
DIXIE
Detector(s) used
Minelab, White's, Fisher, Tesoro
Thanks for the shopping advice. I just saved a bundle of money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread