D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I was hunting in a closed school and had a funny signal that bounced from 12-46 to 12-13 and other 12 numbers so I thought a good bet would be a soda can or some iron masking as clad. I ran my pin pointer over the top of the ground and it beeped so I knew it was shallow. I dug a flap and I seen the nickel and then ran my pin pointer through the hole and got a signal and pulled out a quarter and a penny. Then I tried again and got another beep so I grabbed a handful of dirt and my pin pointer went off and I found a gold ring with large diamonds on it. My 1st impression was a junk ring so I put it in my pocket.

When I got home and cleaned it up I noticed a hallmark and it was 14k gold. This morning I took it to three pawn shops to ck the value and the 1st guy said hey this thing is valuable but it's to much for me to buy. I said what's it worth and he said if I could I would give you $1800 but I can't. So I took it to another and he said $1700 so I tried the biggest shop around and he offered me $1790 and I took it.

My E-trac paid for itself and then some in one ring. Lucky day for me.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lucky indeed. Congratulations, and show us the ring! :occasion14:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on GOLD! Good job paying off your Etrac!

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice payday, now keep finding !

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Congratulations on the ring, and the Etrac payback!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta love a hobby that pays for itself. :occasion14:

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I learned my lesson about posting pics of finds on line or T-Net unless it is clad. It always seems some one local lost what I found. I gave up a sapphire ring about 3 years ago and was pretty darn sure it wasn't her ring but she described it to a T and dummy me I had described it to well along with a pic. So I gave it to her only to find out that she had never owned a sapphire ring in her life. I also know a guy that ended up in a squabble over an old ring he found on some property he detected and someone heard about it and claimed it was their ring. I may sound like a jerk but if it would have had some ID of some sort in the band I would have tried to find them. I returned a class ring a gal lost twenty years ago about 2 months back.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I learned my lesson about posting pics of finds on line or T-Net unless it is clad. It always seems some one local lost what I found. I gave up a sapphire ring about 3 years ago and was pretty darn sure it wasn't her ring but she described it to a T and dummy me I had described it to well along with a pic. So I gave it to her only to find out that she had never owned a sapphire ring in her life. I also know a guy that ended up in a squabble over an old ring he found on some property he detected and someone heard about it and claimed it was their ring. I may sound like a jerk but if it would have had some ID of some sort in the band I would have tried to find them. I returned a class ring a gal lost twenty years ago about 2 months back.

In order for someone to have any claim, they must be able to say where it was lost. No pics or worded descriptions should have location information.

It's a long shot, but did you show pics of the items at the locations they were found? if so, did you turn the geotagging off on your phone?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on that; these machines are supposed to pay for them selves, and after they do it is time to start shopping for a better model.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions