Minelab E TRAC with sunray probe

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yarddigger I do not use that machine , but is there not any sites with programs already made for doing what you need ?
You might look around and see as I have seen a few like that and they had dozens of programs already made up to down load and put on your E-track !

Also if I think about it I will ask Mike at Woodland detectors about this as he may have some or know how to do this.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your unit keeps working because it could be something more than just needing to be reset. Very seldom will a glitch turn off a unit, but I think it is possible, so see how it goes.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Hope your unit keeps working because it could be something more then just needing to be reset. Very seldom will a glitch turn off a unit, but I think it is possible, so see how it goes.

I agree with Iron Patch on this. Turning off may just be a interupt of power, but is usually something lots different.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why just silver dollars?

I recommend using the Coin setting, in Multi tones, in +3 (Auto) +3 you ask? Because I want you to get comfortable with the machine before you start getting aggressive. Manual sensitivity will give you more depth, but it is also very chattery and unstable. If you must use the manual setting, do not advance past Man= 24 I have found many silver coins in the "Slightly tweeked" Coin setting mode since the Etrac has been introduced a few years ago. Please do not overload your Etrac with too many settings. I personally have 2 saved. A discriminated setting and an aggressive "2 tone ferrous" Relic mode setting. That's all you need. Call me if you need me to help you load them up.

Mike

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac/ xp Deus?/equinox 800
I think all he wants is a step by step, on how to get the silver dollars to ring in, because if you use the stock coin program on the E-trac, silver dollars are notched out, becaue of some discrimination in the top right area of the screen, a silver dollar will ring in close too a 01-42 I found this out when I first got mine...I tested multiple coins, so i could see where they come in at, and was surprised when my morgan silver dollar didnt make a sound!....so I got rid of the top right darkened area, but this will also make you dig bigger canslaw but at least you wont miss a silver dollar!!! :headbang:

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
yarddigger said:
did a reset on my machine because i was having an issue of it cutting off by itself. alot of debris under skid plate... can someone help me with notching in silver dollars.. step by step please. also any " secrets " to upgrade the coins search pattern. any help u guys have figured out to better hunting. thanks guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaDvZJpb5MU maybe you have this problem? Stasys

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• DSC05309.jpg
    DSC05309.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,399
  • DSC05309.jpg
    DSC05309.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 560

Detectorfreak74

Jul 2, 2010
UTAH
I had an experience with my detector since your arm rest is plastic it creates static electricity and it goes right in your battery's this will only happen if you are wearing long sleeves your detector will shut off to protect it from surge

Ralph Sun Ray

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2007
Yarddigger,

Access the Minelab Coin program.

Push the Menu button and scroll with one of the horizontal arrow keys to the second from left or (Discrimination) icon. Scroll down with the down arrow key to "Edit". Push the right arrow key.

With the left arrow, below the power button, choose either the small or medium cursor. I like the medium cursor as it is faster.

Use the up arrow key to scroll the little flashing box to the top of the screen. Then use the right arrow key to scroll to the right until the flashing box is over the black line at the top right of the display screen. You will notice that as you scroll, the conductive numbers (right set at top of the screen) will change.

Using the check/X button on lower right of your control pad push it to open up the area as you progress to the right until you have opened up the conductive numbers to at least 45.

Then push the detect button. Push either horizontal arrow key to load the pattern.

Now push the Menu button - it should still be highlighting the Discrimination Menu. Scroll down with the down arrow key and highlight "Save". Push the right arrow key. Scroll down to My Pattern 1 through 6 and choose one to save your discrimination pattern to. Push the left arrow key and it will be saved. You will see the little window fill with your pattern.

Push the detect button and begin detecting.

Ralph (Sun Ray)
Sun Ray Detector Electronics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread