Etrac ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
The etrac is a great machine. The question is what are you looking for? Coins? Jewelry? If you are shooting for coins then its the best machine on the market in my opinion. I have used the Ace 250, Tesoro Cortez, Fisher F75, and the etrac. All good machines but the etrac is the one that I wouldnt part with. When I first started with the etrac, I was borrowing it from GOIO. He had his SE and my F75 was in the shop. It was set up in the factory settings. I changed it from multi tone to 4 tone and began hunting. I found 13 silver coins in a week. That doubled the amount that I had found the entire year. I never looked back and am using the same machine since 2008 with about 1000 hours on it.
Depth depends on the ground you are hunting. I have hunted great neutral ground and found pennies and dimes at 10-11 inches. I have hunted horrible ground and wasnt able to find anything deeper than 4 inches. The machine has great separation and its fun to use. TMAN...

OP
OP
E

Electricboy

Greenie
Nov 21, 2011
Ogdensburg,NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I plan on using it for coinshooting!! I've been watching YouTube videos and it seems like a great machine.

nw1886

Greenie
Apr 5, 2010
I work in a shop that has access to most detectors,have read 'til the cows come home on them all, and for coins...that is a major strong point for the E trac. If you see yourself doing jewelry a lot too....that is a strong point of other stuff.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been looking at new detectors for awhile and now it is just a matter of finding the extra cash to buy one. The two machines I really like are the E-Trac and White's V3i. Since my main machine currently is a White's I think I'm going with the V3i but I don't think you can go wrong with either machine.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions