E-Tracs 1st day out.

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
E-Trac's 1st day out.

I've been using an MXT-Pro for the past yr and now I have a new (used) E-trac to break in. I decided to hit a school I've spent countless hrs at and lo and behold I found 8 Wheaties and my first Walking Liberty Half dollar on day 1. The half was approx 5 inches down. Several of the wheaties were between 5-7 inches deep. Between 1939-1956. In all the excitement of finding the half I managed to scratch the back twice with my digging tool. Doh! Im using the factory settings for coin searching and it's ok for now. I'm having to slow down my swings with the E-trac too. Im unsure which 30+ vdi's to dig as most are Zincolns so far. I have a feeling Im going to find a lot more with this detector. Also, it's going to take some time to get use to the R2D2 type sounds the E-trac uses for tones. I prefer the MXT beeps.

Attachments

• walking1.jpg
    walking1.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 93
  • walking.jpg
    walking.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 4

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago I went from the MXT to an E-Trac. I do love my MXT, but I have to admit that I have found FAR more coins with the E-Trac than the MXT. The MXT has beat the E-Trac in terms if gold jewelry, but I think that once you learn the sounds of your E-Trac you will discover that it is a great machine. Yes, the sounds are a bit much at first, but when you learn the E-Trac "language" you will find that it can really tell you a lot in terms if what's under the coil.

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 1st hunt!

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an amazing first day! Damn good day indeed, congrats!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great first day with a new machine. Should give you lots of confidence.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet haven't found that big a silver in a good while here !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread