Eagle Button

Pickwick

Feb 22, 2007
Hello everyone, new guy here, just wanted to share a recent find with you guys and hopefully one of the button experts can help me out. I was searching an old homesite and caught up with this guy in some tree roots about 4 inches down. At first I thought it was a coin as it is about the same size as a quarter then I had to do a double take. As I picked it up I noticed that the metal part of the back was falling away, so there is no back. There was some felt like material, I presume as a filler, inside but it fell away also. There is still some of the gold color on the inside of the button where it was protected so I guess that is the original color. Anyway, I can not find anything on this particular Eagle, heck it may not be old at all, but it sure looks it. Thanks for reading!!

Attachments

• PICT0365.JPG
    PICT0365.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0
D

doyboy

Good day, Mr. Samuel Pickwick! I hope all is going well in the Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick club! :D

OP
OP
P

Pickwick

Feb 22, 2007
Good day to you also db.
Here is my second attempt at the pic. Thanks again.

Attachments

• PICT0001 (Small).JPG
    PICT0001 (Small).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 415
  • PICT0001 (Small).JPG
    PICT0001 (Small).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 412
  • PICT0001 (Small).JPG
    PICT0001 (Small).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 410

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me neither, but I think finding buttons is fun!

Congrats and good luck on the ID..

Nana :)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I like the buttons too... 8)

I checked all the Waterbury patterns and I'm pretty sure they did NOT make this one...

I'm also guessing sports/fashion

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Don't worry. PBK will get on the case soon and will probably know exactly what it is as soon as he sees it.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old homesites are always nice for goodies of some kind. Maybe that button isn't old, but, something out there sure is. Try your macro function for those close-ups. Usually the setting with the flower icon. Focus.... then snap. GL with your site!!

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
Welcome to the forum. That button is one like I have never seen, but then it is not hard to stump me. However, I am sure that PBK will come up with the correct answer.

Good luck on that site.

Ron

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Pickwick, First Welcome to the Forum. I Think That Your Find May Be A Side Button To A Militia Shako, That Is The Closest Pattern That I Can Find To Your Button. trk5capt...

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Neet find. Kind of looks like the front of a Feuchtwanger Cent????.....check it out....just a guess. Good luck with it!!

99Brown

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread