VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a refreshing 48 degrees and very foggy when Dman and I arrived at the 1862 Yankee camp this morning. Josh couldn’t make it today. We had over 1.5 inches of rain last night and we thought a few deep relics could be recovered.
Doug had the best finds recovering 2 GS eagle buttons with good shanks and in good shape. My best find was the cleaning jag for a Springfield rifle. Each of us dug a button back from an eagle button and several bullets.
Our finds from the hunt this morning are shown on the orange towel with the exception of the 3 cleaned bullets that I dug on a solo hunt there last Friday. It was a beautiful autumn day in Tennessee, Dman didn’t get hurt, and we both dug relics-What’s not to like? HH, from Doug & Quindy.
My CW finds for 2013=290

Attachments

• DSCN0707.JPG
    DSCN0707.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
  • DSCN0710.JPG
    DSCN0710.JPG
    291.4 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0709.JPG
    DSCN0709.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Upvote 7

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Hard to believe that place is still giving up relics! Congrats to you and DMan. WHile I'm thinking about it, get DMan to tell you about going to the doctor and what he was told. Good job guys, I hope to be getting out soon and digging again. Save me something up your way!!!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff. Went to the little home site I found Sunday and only got a Mail RFD lock and odds and ends. It was in good shape, but looked a good while for another home site. Should have done what you guys did and hunted a few CW relics. Still have a big field that will give up a few almost every trip, but getting few and far between. I am gonna have to have you guys down to Rhea County someday. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Guys. Looks like the rain helped bring out some more signals. :thumbsup: Sweet buttons.
I had to reread the post, I thought it said you were "cleaning the Jag". I thought, Man you two travel to the sites in style.
Anyways, thanks for shooting the videos Q. Always entertaining. :occasion14: Today was a "valiant" effort. :laughing7:
-MM-

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 93

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see the duo part of the Trio get the season started. Look forward to seeing all of ya'lls hunts finds and history. Nice job guys those buttons are in great shape. Was that 69 cal used with buck and ball also Quindy? I dug one the other day with the small buck shot.
HH
TnMtns

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES I did read 48 degrees! Yippee sounds like hunting season is on, and I'm glad 2/3 of the trio were able to get out and play. Congrats on your finds and kudos to Dman on the 2 eagle buttons. Did y'all jump up in trees and roll around on the ground? :laughing7:

Breezie
MM: That Jag looks a little rough, even for Q! :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q-
I had to recheck the video. Dman said he was digging 26 miles deep and down to lava so I thought he had bought an AT Pro or Tesoro Vaquero. :laughing7:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. You two are a couple of nuts. No wonder Josh ditched you. :tongue3:
-JW-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a great skill of turning that camera OFF at just the right time. :D Don't let him get started or you'll never get him stopped.

Congrats to both of you on some good finds. Not easy to find two buttons in a well-worked site, so bravo to both of you. I like the cleaning jag. Glad you're recovering that iron. I dug a big item at a site today I thought first was a gun barrel. Ended up being a solid piece of iron bar. Read a consistent 18 on the F75. Glad you guys are getting some good relics, and it looks like fall is already here.

-Buck

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the jag... hope the next button for you'll is a state.. but eagles will do regardless - it beats coming home empty handed. Getting colder out so hopefully more trio hunt videoz.. can't wait! HH>

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet digs from The Tenn Trio or Duo....

You guys are getting warmed up out that way..:thumbsup:

Nice video i get a trip out of your accent....

Blaze

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
48 degrees , that's nice relic weather ,, excuse me

DIE TICKS sorry

Last edited:

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Quindy - good stuff and great video! Yep, I just filled my LP tank, stocking up firewood, got fresh batteries in the T2SE (Just back from the factory after a warranty covered refurb) and fresh batteries in the AT Pro. Also, we got over 2 inches of rain yesterday! I hope to go out all day Friday if it's not raining. I've got enough new sites to keep me busy this season and I'll be doing my annual "pilgrimage" to a battlefield where one of my ancestors fought. Cleared that with the owner yesterday. This will be my 3rd trip there. I think of it as kicking off the holiday season! :laughing7:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What accent?
Yeah....what accent? :laughing7:

Relic ID king! That's why I keep you around, Q. hahaha! No telling what I've thrown out that I shouldn't have. :X OH..and could I borrow a couple of rounds of hay for the annual hay ride next week? :tongue3:

LOVE those buttons, D....even if they did have lava on them. lol
You all had a great hunt! :icon_thumleft:
Nana

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves guys. I'm glad those camps are still giving up the goods!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for looking Casper & good luck this Fall in NE, Q.
Thanks Donnie (Tenn. Digger). If it had not been for you, we would have never known that camp existed. Let's go hunting next week. HH, Q.
Stripeythecrab- We are taking bets on what part pof his body that Dman hurts next-LOl. Thanks & HH, Quindy.
TNGUNS-We have detector-will travel-LOL. Good luck on the Tennessee River. There's a CSA buckle waiting for you in an old home site there. HH, Q.
MM, videoing Dman is always an adventure. We didn't drive Dman's Jag that day because all our detecting junk won't fit in the trunk-LOL. BTW, Dman was using a Umax when lava burned his arm. I think you sold yours-LOl. Q.
TNmountains-Richard, I did dig a buckshot near the .69 cal ball. Since the vast majority of bullets we have recovered there are .54s & .58s, I'd guess that the .69s were discarded from cartridge boxes since the troops had been issued the newer rifled Springfields. HH, Q.
Breezie, I don't let Dman jump as he may break something and miss relic season again-LOL. HH, Q.
Buckleboy-Will, you noticed that I was quick on the trigger when Dman started to tell that joke. I told him what you saud about "He better NOT tell that joke again" so that was an open invite to tell it againj. I've heard it 475 times-LOL. HH, Q.
Thanks HSD. Since there were only Indiana & Ohio troops there for 9 days, a state button is unlikely. A small group of the 2nd Michigan Cavalry was there for a couple of days but we have only dug ONE Eagle Cavalry button there. HH, Q.
JB, when I was on company business in PA several years ago, everyone thought I had a VA accent. HH my friend, Q.
Dawg, I agree that the ticks should DIE. Ironically, I have only had one tick on me all summer. They don't like me. HH, Q.
Old Stonewall-Richard. I am expecting a video from the field you hunt Friday. To hunt a site where your ancestor fought is sacred. Good luck there my friend, Q.
Nana-I can't spare a large roll of hay. We only have 238 & I'm anticipating a bad winter-LOL. Lisa says she feels better so get out there & hunt. Q.
Steve of PA- Steve, I am still surprised that we are pulling relics out of that 9 day camp. Everyone who knew about it said it had been hunted hard. I know we (Trio) are approaching 750 relics from that site. HH Bud, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go with a twisted ankle for Dman's next injury. What are the Vegas odds? :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread