Eagle Crock

jd2iowa

Feb 14, 2011
iowa
I'm new here and enjoying looking around and learning so far! I purchased a metal detector for my family at Christmas and my young sons look forward to treasure hunting with daddy this spring!
My question today is about a particular stoneware crock...Hubby loves older stoneware crocks and jugs and I found this one at a local place for him. We have searched online but haven't identified a maker yet. This mark look familiar to anyone? It's an 8Gallon as marked without cracks. Just general crazing to be expected and a few dots of blue or green within the glaze small lower on it which I'm guessing happened during manufacturing. Thanks for any help or direction to look!

Attachments

• eaglecrock1.jpg
    eaglecrock1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,208
  • eaglecrock2.jpg
    eaglecrock2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 689
  • eaglecrock3.jpg
    eaglecrock3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 618
  • eaglecrock4.jpg
    eaglecrock4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 521

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Not sure if this is what you have, but Eagle crockery was made by the same folks who made Niloak pottery in Benton, AR in the early part of the last century. I'll check my book when I get home.

Old_Okie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jd2iowa

jd2iowa

Feb 14, 2011
iowa
thanks for the tip! I googled the name but didn't find anything that looked like it with that maker name...I think the search may still go on LOL! :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any other marks on the bottom? Its a beautiful piece no doubt.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jd2iowa

jd2iowa

Feb 14, 2011
iowa
oh wow! thanks! I'll check that site out, I came across the name several times but didn't see items that resembled mine so I'm going to follow your link and check it out - and see if I can find a value for it.
You're all so helpful! Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

swampratvabch

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2008
OMG :hello2:I have been looking a long time and there it is .... Can't wait to check out the links....Thank you too! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• jugs eagle 001.jpg
    jugs eagle 001.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 1,326
  • jugs eagle 002.jpg
    jugs eagle 002.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 1,130
Upvote 0

Kaysales97

Mar 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever figures it out?

i have a crock with the same symbol. Did u ever figure out what it was??

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread