Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eagle Cuff + other CW Relics put me over my goal & Confirmed CS Chewed Bullet

I didn't have anyone to hunt with me today as Dman and Josh were working in their respective business ventures because we all plan to hunt together later this week. Josh, "The CW Relic Hound", sniffed out a new CS site yesterday and dug some nice relics there. I was only 4 relics short of achieving my goal of 100 CW and Colonial Relics during the first quarter of 2010 so I made a solo hunt to a U.S. Camp. Pic #1 is of a rough Eagle GS cuff button that fell apart when I dug it due to heavy fertilization in that field, a dropped .54 cal. 3 ringer, and 4 iron canister balls. I hunted less than 2 hours and left the site so Dman wouldn't accuse me of "hogging" the relics there-LOL. Nothing exciting but the soil was totally saturated with moisture and the F75 was getting deep signals.
The second pic is of the infamous "chewed" bullet. I dug this one at a local CSA Camp in early March. I usually just throw them in a jar with campfire lead but I decided to check this one out. I have a friend who is a Dentist and I took it by for him to examine this morning. He stated that this one shows molar imprints from a HUMAN. So one of Morgan's troops "chawed down" on this one. Happy Hunting and thanks for looking, Quindy.

2010 YTD CW and Colonial Relics =102 not counting button backs, campfire lead, non CW period coins, or flat buttons except from a CS or Colonial site. Dman has over 100 relics for the year also.

Attachments

• TP Field 3-29-10.jpg
    TP Field 3-29-10.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 461
  • CSA Soldier Chewed Bullet 3-2010.jpg
    CSA Soldier Chewed Bullet 3-2010.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Eagle Cuff + other CW Relics put me over my goal & Confirmed CS Chewed Bullet

:hello2:

That's not too shabby my friend!
'
Nice relics and congrats on hitting that goal! :notworthy:

Mike

johnreb1980

Jan 7, 2008
Plainville,Ga
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and White's MXT 300
Re: Eagle Cuff + other CW Relics put me over my goal & Confirmed CS Chewed Bullet

Nice saves Vol. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

***100***
Congrats Mr. Q. :thumbsup: That be a lot of CW relics. :o If you would of dug a buckle today Dman would of had your hide! ;D
Looking forward to seeing what you guys bring home from the new site.
-Doug-

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

4-H said:

'

Mike
Thanks Mike. Maybe Dman and I can come out and hunt with you smetime. We won't disappoint you like MM did-LOL. HH, Quindy
johnreb1980 said:
Nice saves Vol. :thumbsup:
Thanks for looking J.R. It's not DIV but "Digging in Tennessee" and it's been fun this year so far. HH Buddy.

ModernMiner said:
***100***
Congrats Mr. Q. :thumbsup: That be a lot of CW relics. :o If you would of dug a buckle today Dman would of had your hide! ;D
Looking forward to seeing what you guys bring home from the new site.
-Doug-
MM, that was the site where the TENN PIN came from. Dman can boast that he found the only solid Eagle "I" button there as that site was an old tobacco patch. It just keeps on giving. See you on Antiques Roadshow, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
4-H said:

'

Mike
Thanks Mike. Maybe Dman and I can come out and hunt with you smetime. We won't disappoint you like MM did-LOL. HH, Quindy

Mike,
Don't listen to Quindy. He's still mad I found that $4000 NC buckle with a $235 detector! :tongue3: :laughing9:
Besides, we don't need their type here in NC, there's already a tooth shortage. :laughing7:
-Doug-

Dixiedigger

Dec 2, 2009
Southern Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75

I hadn't seen this when I PM you earlier. Congrats my friend, I wish I had the time to hunt like you do. Your a lucky man.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

You are always hogging the sites we hunt. As far as that chewed bullet It is one you chewed when you rode with Morgan. You probably remember where you dropped it 150 years ago. ;D
Dman

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

"Thanks Mike. Maybe Dman and I can come out and hunt with you smetime. We won't disappoint you like MM did-LOL. HH, Quindy"

I heard about the "Razzing" Doug was going to get from you if he had gotten skunked! :D :laughing7:

You Tennessee boys are welcome here any time.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice little day of hunting Quindy. You know.....you will get uneducated people on this forum who say that these

bullets WERE NOT chewed on by soldiers. And that further, that humans COULD NOT make indents in the minies.

Well, I proved a certain person wrong by chewing on a Minie ball (do NOT endorse anyone else doing ;D) to show

a certain person that it was indeed VERY EASY to make chew marks on a minie ball. Further, we all know they were

used for pain bullets hence "bite the bullet" and they were also chewed on by soldiers when they were in the field

and thirsty.....the lead helped create saliva :wink: Well, to put it to rest for all those 'people' who think that

they were all chewed on by hogs and squirrels :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

At DIV this past weekend, my buddy and Editor of the North South Trader, Mr. Steve Sylvia, was diggin a pit

about 10 feet from me and popped out a Minie Ball with a GOLD TOOTH STUCK IN IT!!!!! :o :o I will get him

to send me the pic to show you guys and to make all those "others" feel dejected and punished for their obsurdity ;D :wink:

Nice finds again Quindy

L

lovedigging

Way to go Quindy! Take it easy on Doug though :laughing7:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dman said:
You are always hogging the sites we hunt. As far as that chewed bullet It is one you chewed when you rode with Morgan. You probably remember where you dropped it 150 years ago. ;D
Dman

I didn't realize dentures could do that kind of damage. :tongue3: :laughing9:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
Nice little day of hunting Quindy. You know.....you will get uneducated people on this forum who say that these

bullets WERE NOT chewed on by soldiers. And that further, that humans COULD NOT make indents in the minies.

Well, I proved a certain person wrong by chewing on a Minie ball (do NOT endorse anyone else doing ;D) to show

a certain person that it was indeed VERY EASY to make chew marks on a minie ball. Further, we all know they were

used for pain bullets hence "bite the bullet" and they were also chewed on by soldiers when they were in the field

and thirsty.....the lead helped create saliva :wink: Well, to put it to rest for all those 'people' who think that

they were all chewed on by hogs and squirrels :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

At DIV this past weekend, my buddy and Editor of the North South Trader, Mr. Steve Sylvia, was diggin a pit

about 10 feet from me and popped out a Minie Ball with a GOLD TOOTH STUCK IN IT!!!!! :o :o I will get him

to send me the pic to show you guys and to make all those "others" feel dejected and punished for their obsurdity ;D :wink:

Nice finds again Quindy

Josh, Dman and I know Steve. He made a great find. Looking forward to seeing the pic. I guess soldiers chewed on bullets just out of boredom, becauase they were thirsty (as you said), or because they were out of Red Man-LOL. Thanks buddy.

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer

Very awsome finds Q. Your really racking up the CW finds. Start calling you the CW Magnet. :laughing7:
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

U

umrgolf

Nice finds Quindy... keep the CSA stuff coming :thumbsup:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

Good stuff. It's cool you found a bullet that was actually chewed on by a soldier. Yes they are out there but not a common find. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Dixiedigger said:
I hadn't seen this when I PM you earlier. Congrats my friend, I wish I had the time to hunt like you do. Your a lucky man.

Thanks Andy. Whwn I was working and had just found a virgin CW site on a weekend, it was very hard to work the next week without thinking about what I COULD be digging there. The week seemed a month long-LOL. HH Bud.
Dman said:
Dman
I didn't drop it-I probably threw it at you!!!!

tcooper1 said:
Way to go Quindy! Take it easy on Doug though :laughing7:
Todd, you know him very well and he deserves everything he gets!!! HH Buddy.

Knightwalker said:
Very awsome finds Q. Your really racking up the CW finds. Start calling you the CW Magnet. :laughing7:
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW
I wish KW. Thanks for looking, Quindy

umrgolf2000 said:
Nice finds Quindy... keep the CSA stuff coming :thumbsup:
We are trying Jeff but the good CSA relics are just not here in the early CS sites we hunt here. The good buckles and buttons don't show up in this theater of battle in the West until mid 1863. I discuss this in my article "Chasing Gen. John Hunt Morgan C.S.A." scheduled for publication in the Sept. issue of American Digger. As josh found a couple of weeks ago, we are more likely to find a U.S. plate that was captured than anything else. There are few sites here where both sides camped during the war. HH.

vayank54 said:
Good stuff. It's cool you found a bullet that was actually chewed on by a soldier. Yes they are out there but not a common find. :thumbsup:
Now that I know what the human chewed ones look like, I'd say the ones I have found are probably about 75%+ animal chewed or from a road with a lot of small rocks embedded. Thanks VY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions