Eagle I Cuff - HAT TRICK!!

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I finally got out to a place north of Charleston that a friend of mine wanted to check out. He didn't know much about it but had gotten permission from a buddy at his work to take a look around. I took a look at it on Google Earth and couldn't see anything but trees. Oh Boy! But not having anything else to do that day, I said OK, let's check it out.

Got there and it was all planted pines about 15 or so years old, needed thinning, and had never had the straw removed. Not the best place to hunt. But what the heck, we're there and we might as well play in the pine straw. I cranked up the 'ole e-Tract to run as hot as I could and headed into the brush.

It was like a parking lot in there. Nothing. Not even aluminum. After a bit, I was hoping for some sort of signal to make sure my machine was working. I had already checked my shovel - yep, it's there. Check the top eyelets in my boots, - yep, still metal. So I was swinging and banging into trees and catching my headphone cord about every 50 feet. Just having the time of my life.

After about an hour, I jumped over about 10 rows and started going across the rows. Geez, it couldn't be any worse. Then BBBEEEEEEPPPPP!!!! OK, that's a decent target. Stick the shovel in the ground and it sort of looks at me and says - Ah, you're in the woods. Ever hear of ROOTS!! Crap.

So out come the root cutters and the knife. And I thought it couldn't get any better. After more roots than I wanted to deal with, the pinpointer said the target was OUT! Yeah! Now if it's a pull tab I'm not going to be a happy camper. Pull tab? NO. It's an Eagle I Cuff. Worth the effort and I didn't sign it.

Covered my hole and got about 5 more rows over and BBBEEEEEEPPPPP!!!! again. So here we go again. ANOTHER Eagle I Cuff. Sweet.

Covered my hole and started back across the rows and BBBEEEEEEPPPPP!!!! OK. More roots and more %^&*# trying to get at the target. ANOTHER Eagle I cuff. Unbelievable.

HAT TRICK!!

After that, it was all gravy. My first time digging that many good buttons in one area.

They turned out to be different sizes and early ones:

- two concentric rings backmark on the small one
- Scovills & Co. Extra on the medium one
- Scovill Mfg Co. *** on the largest one

I knew I liked pine trees. ;D

Daryl

Attachments

• 3Eagles.jpg
    3Eagles.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recoveries! Its funny though you mention checking shovel and eyelets haha, I think weve all been there.Only we admitted to it. Very nice pieces of history recovered form rotting in the ground.WTG.

OP
OP
BioProfessor

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Yep. Get 'em before they are gone.

Daryl

Attachments

• gone.jpg
    gone.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 260

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, would like to at some point add a few civil war items to the collection..

congrats :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread