Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returned to a good cellar hole today with the good weather and managed to come out with some keepers. Did a little filming to start a Youtube channel. Fiancee came out on top with this artillery button. Cant seem to find the exact button with these back marks in my book or online so if anyone can help id love to have more info on it. The back marks say "WISHART" above the shank and "NEW YORK" below the shank parallel of each other in a straight line. Thanks for looking and any help.
CAM01921.jpg
CAM01918.jpg
CAM01915.jpg

Upvote 8
OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did come across this but still don't see a single one with the same back marks.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I did come across this but still don't see a single one with the same back marks.

I didn't look through them all, so wasn't sure. Looks like you've got a good site to hunt!

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
About half way down:

George Washington Inaugural Buttons ? *1802 ? 1865 *U.S. Artillery Regt.Artillery Corps &Militia Artillery

1808-1811 Artillery, 3rd Regiment
Color: A blackened Green.
Metal: Flat, 1-Piece, Raised Design, Gilt Brass.
Size: 23mm. Coat Size
Albert’s Number: AY 48-R.3: RV 35
Variation: Ribbed Breech / Six Cannon Balls / Large Arabic Regiment Number “3”.
Present Condition: An Excavated Example, Strong Planchet Condition, A Strong High Relief Pattern Remains.
Isabela’s Notes: Wishart made these Numbered Artillery Regiment buttons in the early 19th century. All the regiments were issued the same button pattern, the only difference was the number of the regiment which was stamped on the bottom. The button’s pattern depicts a federal style eagle facing right, while standing on a cannon with a Ribbed Breech pointing left. On the left hand side, there is a Draped Flag hanging below the cannon barely above the canon balls. There are Six Cannon Balls piled on the ground in a Pyramidal Shape in front of the carriage wheel. Underneath the cannon in the bottom legend is a Large Arabic Regiment Number, “3” before the Regiment abbreviation, “REGt.” The high relief pattern is set on a plain flat field with a plain edge.
Reverse Button Analysis: This is a flat one-piece mold button with a loop shank The shank is original, and intact, but bent over. H.WISHART/N.YORK rm half circle of arrows.

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no 3 on her button and the back marks are very different than this one

Sorry, was just going by the name of backmark. That said, look how the "REG" on both seems to be offset (of center) to the right just a bit. Wonder if yours had the 3, but was worn?

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could have possibly had a 3 but the back marks seem to be the thing i cant match to any.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging that Killer button. :occasion14: You don't see many of them...

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Awesome looking button! Congrats.......Hogge

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI; Your button is a Continental Army Artillery Regimental button. It is very RARE. They were not mass produced. They were made by many different manufacturers at that time hence you are having a hard time with the back marks ok. Yours is in strong XF Condition with Full Shank. Value $1500 - $2000. This is based on my own personal experience of 47 years in the field ok. I have seen several different variations of it over the years and they always command a high value depending on Condition and a Full Shank. PEACE:RONB

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
HI; Your button is a Continental Army Artillery Regimental button. It is very RARE. They were not mass produced. They were made by many different manufacturers at that time hence you are having a hard time with the back marks ok. Yours is in strong XF Condition with Full Shank. Value $1500 - $2000. This is based on my own personal experience of 47 years in the field ok. I have seen several different variations of it over the years and they always command a high value depending on Condition and a Full Shank. PEACE:RONB

Well, ya can't beat that with a stick! :occasion14:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I would sell it to Barker before he changes his mind lol. Awesome relics.

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have got to be kidding me! :censored: Thanks for all the info

OP
OP
Showtime2385

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would sell it to Barker before he changes his mind lol. Awesome relics.

I'm pretty sure that was a value not an offer lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread