eagle sl 2..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Hey all its my first post. My eagles needs battery packs and a new coil attached. Is it worth fixing? I live 10 minutes from cape cod and I would love to get back into the hobby.. I was thinking just taking the fisher route d ace 250..
Any suggestions would definitely be nice thank you all appreciate your help...

The Eagle SLII is a good machine, that is still popular with some. There were some that had an idiosyncracy of being able to "de-tune" in disc. mode (as opposed to strictly all-metal mode), with the click of the pinpoint toggle. I found that feature very useful back when I was using the Eagle SLII. It's also got great TID features.

The weaknesses were that it was sort of "out-classed", depth-wise, when the newer generations of machines came out (like the Explorers, for instance), which went deeper, and retained their TID's to deeper depths, when compared to the Eagle. Another weakness, IMHO, is that the Eagle isn't a good wet salt sand hunter (just doesn't track fast enough, when compared to the 6000 di pro, or the XLT, etc...)

But for things like old-town urban demolition hunting, ghost townsy/ruins type hunting, etc.... It was very versatile.

I have some old parts lying around I think (battery packs, and some coils, etc...). Drop me a PM, and I'll give you an inventory of what I have, if you want to strike any deals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread