OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Very nice! Klamath Marsh is a spectacular place to visit:icon_thumright:
I have always wanted to go to the place south of K Falls. but it's over a hundred miles from where I live. The place where these were taken is about thirty miles from home, and I go there quite a bit.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I was amazed that an Eagle has a 400 PSI talon grip.

Looks like mating is in full swing with them Yellow Head

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are wonderful Ron, a dose of nature is always a good thing.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures. Hope I get over that way again, my wife is handy capped so we don't travel much anymore. It's 100 miles from my house to hiway 97, with darn few places
for a handy capped woman to have access to a bathroom between here and there.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Great pictures. Hope I get over that way again, my wife is handy capped so we don't travel much anymore. It's 100 miles from my house to hiway 97, with darn few places
for a handy capped woman to have access to a bathroom between here and there.
No, not many stops on hwy 138, but if you did reach 97 via 138, a few mile south on 97 at Sand Creek, there is a road that go's east to Silver Lake. The Marsh area is about five miles down that road.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
No, not many stops on hwy 138, but if you did reach 97 via 138, a few mile south on 97 at Sand Creek, there is a road that go's east to Silver Lake. The Marsh area is about five miles down that road.

I've been over there hunting and traveling east I've made it a point to go that way, through Christmas Valley via Silver Lake. If you go to Bend and east on 27 there is a speed limit
and enforcers, out through the pucker brush I put the hammer down all the way to Riley and have had the good luck of never meeting a local officer. In fact you rarely meet anyone
out there. I usually cross the Military Road, but the marsh is drained up there. I've gone over at Sand Creek, and taken pictures of that huge herd of buffalo south of the road just after
you cross the railroad tracks.
Bison2.jpg
It's been a number of years now, but the last time I was over there, there was a sign on the Wildlife Refuge saying, "No Hunting, No Shooting," I forget the exact words, but there was
a coyote sitting at the base of the sign, and I didn't have a camera at the time.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I've been over there hunting and traveling east I've made it a point to go that way, through Christmas Valley via Silver Lake. If you go to Bend and east on 27 there is a speed limit
and enforcers, out through the pucker brush I put the hammer down all the way to Riley and have had the good luck of never meeting a local officer. In fact you rarely meet anyone
out there. I usually cross the Military Road, but the marsh is drained up there. I've gone over at Sand Creek, and taken pictures of that huge herd of buffalo south of the road just after
you cross the railroad tracks.
View attachment 1157327
It's been a number of years now, but the last time I was over there, there was a sign on the Wildlife Refuge saying, "No Hunting, No Shooting," I forget the exact words, but there was
a coyote sitting at the base of the sign, and I didn't have a camera at the time.
I didn't realize you were that familiar with this area. These were taken along the Military crossing road. I didn't mention it because most folks would miss it. I usually drive down the military crossing road across the marsh, then take a dirt road back over to the Silver Lake road and head back west to 97.
I have taken pictures of the buffalo too, but lost them to one of my computer crashes. I haven't seen the buffalo in a while, don't know if they moved them or if they are just way over by the mountain when I pass by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions