Early 1800s home site

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early 1800's home site

Found another home site this evening near the TN River. Walking some pasture fields looking for a spring. Found a really heavy flowing spring coming out from the bottom of a small bluff the land owner had told me about. On the rise above it hit another old home site. Didn't get to hunt the area but about 45 minutes until dark caught me. Found another one walking out but didn't have time to hunt it. No rotten cans or Mason Jar lids so think it is a really early site for this area. And as usual no coins. Flat buttons, parts of a pewter utensil, old knife blade, and copper junk.

Bell property 013.JPG

A few flat buttons
Bell property 008.JPG

The plating on this one is almost an orange color and very heavy made.

Bell property 006.JPG

Copper pieces that were silver plated
Bell property 004.JPG

Copper or brass trim from furniture or something
Bell property 009.JPG Bell property 010.JPG

Thought this was possibly a cut coin at first....but don't look like it

Bell property 011.JPG Bell property 012.JPG

Upvote 1

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice buttons and I really like that piece of furniture trim that you found. It should clean up and display well. Good luck with the new sites!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should be more , nice search for old home sites , best to you Tn

calmerthanu

Jul 2, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon / minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i found that exact same copper or brass trim piece in a field here in va last week

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calmerthanu........that is cool. Wonder what they came off of. This home is much closer to the town part of Washington TN than the others I have found lately. Hope it will produce some coins and CW relics as well. Find a few CW relics in the area and most are near where the actual old town used to be. Big time anxious to hunt it again ......trying to catch the Creeping-Crud version of the common Cold I think today so taking a break but plan on hunting most of the day tomorrow if weather and Crud permit. :icon_thumleft:

calmerthanu

Jul 2, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon / minelab x-terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
your bound to come up with more good finds, this evening is the last time i will get out for a few days with this damn nor easter coming, at least some of my beach spots should get turned over pretty good by the tides and waves, hopin for some good coin finds after that, good hunting to u!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread