Early Christmas present for you all.......

RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
In my travels all over the state, I worked a job in Huntington county, McAlvey's Fort, on Route 26. Small village, with history back to Pre revolution. Story is that the fort was on a hilltop, over looking the present village. From the small intersection, that are two good candidates, and a third runner up. At the intersection there is a B&B in an OLD house. The couple there were very nice, and seemed open to MDing, for I had asked at the time. I don't know the owners of the hilltops, one wooded, one field, but I don't imagine it would be difficult to get permission in that area. I always thought it would be neat to stay at the B&B and hunt the area. Perhaps the owners could do some asking for you to get permission. It would be in their benefit. Heck a B&B for MD people, especially crazy nuts like us.

I am too broke to do such and endeavor, and it is too far away. I will say this. I assisted Perry County Historical Society on their Ft. Robinson hunt, and found some cool stuff. It's in their possesion, but it was fun. Greenwood Furnace is up the road from this village too. So give it a go.

Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread