Early Coronet Large Cent

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The three detectateers got an early start this weekend. They are beginning the harvest in our parts. We are uncontrollably salivating at the prospects for this fall. We went back to the site where earlier in the season we found many colonial and early american finds. Some of the corn was harvested in parts of the field. Across the road from where I found my beautiful half real and 2 King George the thirds,counterstamped draped bust,classic head half cent and where Kyle found his nice Liberty Cap largie and where Kirks nice Draped bust Largie was pulled out . Same side of the road where Kyles perfect 1 Real was found. He also found a george the 2nd on the side of todays hunt. Was detecting like John Johnny Walter when my detector about shattered my eardrum. 3 to 4 inches down a nice 1817 Coronet Large Cent was my find of the day. No buttons but I did find a few shot musketballs to round out my hunt. This area we detected today is not the area where we are waiting to get back in. That comes later when they harvest more crop.We will return tomorrow.
Chris
PIC00007-4.jpg

PIC00012.jpg

Upvote 0

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Re: Coronet Large Cent

Nice dig.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 852
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 854

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

Nice looking coin. Lotsa detail there. Good luck there tomorrow. :thumbsup:
HH, Mike in NJ

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

You looney of an oyster snitsle in a clam convention :D, I'm glad that one of The Three Datectateers excavated a coppa today. Folks, while I was getting a perfect "P" on "Penny" on my White's XL Pro 6000, I heard Zeus say, "Kyle, 1817 large cent! 1817 large cent!" :icon_sunny: Folks, I instantly laid my machine on the ground nicely and ran over to where this looney excavated the coppa and gave a few congratulatory handshakes! I ain't a poor sport every datecting trip. OOOOF :D

Zeus, you looney oyster, let's excavate another one tomorrow, you looney. OOOOF :D

Snicket

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice greenie Chris. :o :thumbsup: Thats the kind of stuff you're after. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

Colonial Zoyboy said:
You looney of an oyster snitsle in a clam convention :D, I'm glad that one of The Three Datectateers excavated a coppa today. Folks, while I was getting a perfect "P" on "Penny" on my White's XL Pro 6000, I heard Zeus say, "Kyle, 1817 large cent! 1817 large cent!" :icon_sunny: Folks, I instantly laid my machine on the ground nicely and ran over to where this looney excavated the coppa and gave a few congratulatory handshakes! I ain't a poor sport every datecting trip. OOOOF :D

Zeus, you looney oyster, let's excavate another one tomorrow, you looney. OOOOF :D

Snicket
Kyle..I would have posted a little earlier but i was engaged in discussion with another fellow detectorist who had his Minelab and was detecting across the street from where i live. He liked the Matronhead i found and was filling me in on his detecting exploits.
Zeus

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Colonial Zoyboy said:

Snicket
Kyle..I would have posted a little earlier but i was engaged in discussion with another fellow detectorist who had his Minelab and was detecting across the street from where i live. He liked the Matronhead i found and was filling me in on his detecting exploits.
Zeus

Oh no, was it Larry Miller? OOOF :D I hope you didn't give any secrets out?

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

Colonial Zoyboy said:
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Colonial Zoyboy said:

Snicket
Zeus

Oh no, was it Larry Miller? OOOF :D I hope you didn't give any secrets out?
OOOOPS I FORGOT....I must be getting old :icon_scratch: :tongue3: OOOOF

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG Chris :headbang: :occasion14: :wav: :occasion14: :headbang:

She's a BEAUTY !!
Can not wait to see what KKC pulls outa the colonial dirt when the rest of the fields are harvested , the area is going to give you 3 detectateers many many GREAT finds :notworthy:

Again ... a hearty CONGRATS !!! & !

Derek :icon_profileright:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Chris, Congrats on the Old Coppa!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wish you more success tomorrow!

Good luck!
CAPTN SE
Dan

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Hey Chris, Very nice copper. Coppers are always a favorite find of mine and am sure yours also. Missed the draped by 10 years but am sure there are a few hiding for you to grasp soon. Draped coppers are sooooo dandy arent they.
NJ Marty

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! Any time a Coppa like that comes up, it is a GREAT hunt! :thumbsup:

I was worried that rain would delay the harvest here, but it looks like they will harvest here Early this year! So we are drooling all over our shirts now too. ;D

Keep it up!

-Buck

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris...that is a beauty my friend. I always like viewing your posts to see what the 3 coppa' diggers have come up with. I bet you three are a blast to hunt with. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread