GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a chance to visit a large farm where we have been locating Native American home sites that appear to date from the late 1790s to around 1820. Being in a recently plowed field, there's really not much in the way of obvious evidence to aid in locating them. Basically, you just have to walk blindly across the field and hope that you happen hit a debris field. Today we did just that. I ended up with a tomahawk that I believe will cleanup nicely, a copper thimble, copper arrowhead, and a musket ball. Not bad for a two hour hunt!

Attachments

• Lee County Georgia 2019 (3).JPG
    Lee County Georgia 2019 (3).JPG
    116 KB · Views: 80
  • Lee County Georgia 2019 (1).JPG
    Lee County Georgia 2019 (1).JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 27

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even remember where i found them...but i do remember throwing them in the trash while going thru all my junk metal. The reason I remember is because i found them to be unusual and thinking to myself..why would someone roll this metal like this?

It just seemed so insignificant at the time...just more trash.

When I was a kid, I once dug a blank civil war oval belt buckle and didn't know what is was. I have no idea what I did with it. It wasn't until years later and some learning that I realized what I had found and lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread