Early morning Coin Haul! 1865 to 1958!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first stop of the morning netted me a large number of good items including this little pile of coins. I paid a bit more then I wanted to but that price included two different items that I'm going to sell for a rather large profit.

The haul includes 1 Franklin half, 3 barber halves, 3 barber quarters, 1 Washington quarter Proof?, 2 barber dimes and 1 2 cent piece.

I thin the 1906O half is clean enough to rate Fine or higher in the red book

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Good haul and yes, the 1962 Washington Quarter is a Proof! You can tell by the separation between the "E" and "S" in STATES. If these letters are not touching and have good separation, then it is a Proof Quarter. If these letters are touching or there is no visible separation, then it is a Business Strike Quarter meant for circulation. The one's that you really want are the 1956 through 1964 Business Strike Washington Quarters that were struck with "Type B" Proof Reverse Dies. It seems that for each of the years from 1958 to 1964, the Philadelphia Mint had numerous Die Failures of the Reverse Dies used in striking the Business Strike Quarters and had to use Proof Reverse Dies to finish out the production runs for these years. I have most of the years for this Variety and all but one is in MS-63 to MS-64. These Varieties brought really high prices in the past but in the last 5 to 10 years, there value has dropped off, so I have been holding onto mine in hopes there values will go back up.

http://www.washingtontype-b.com/

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread