worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
First though is Sunday with the kids on the river,track taken down years ago..

K1600_DSCN0063.JPG

Fishing action was not so good..

K1600_DSCN0068.JPG

They both got a small mouth at the same time..and I mean small..

K1600_DSCN0072.JPG

Yesterday morning looking toward Springfield..

K1600_DSCN0112.JPG

I stopped down the Meadows to check my watermelons,near 80 days since they came up,no yellow bottoms or dried tendrils yet.:BangHead:

K1600_DSCN0125.JPG

Bees working overtime collecting the goods..

K1600_DSCN0119.JPG

This morning before sunrise looking toward Springfield..

K1600_DSCN0141.JPG

Water is finally going down to be able to go up the Westfield river,my favorite spot for stuff people have dumped over the banks since the late 1800s. Stuff washes out for me to find:laughing7: One day I'll start digging into the bank for the goodies..

K1600_DSCN0142.JPG

I did get a fish today too,that's not the reason I go fishing..that's the BONUS!:laughing7:

K1600_DSCN0144.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Photo's! :icon_thumleft:

Don't pick that watermelon too early otherwise you will lose the sweetness.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Totally cool. I grew up in Topeka ks and I remember the watermelons back home. Summer days sitting in the patch eating till I was sick and had to pee haha. My dogs even got to share one between them and boy they loved watermelons! Never seen dogs go crazy over them before.

The watermelons at city market here aren't the same. They are tiny and seedless, bitter and disappointing. I always regret buying them. You think you have a good one and it's freezer burnt sometimes.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, that looks like it was a lot of fun! Beautiful scenery on the river, too! I really like the pic with the reflection of the city.

I have heard so many ways to test the watermelon. Of course the "thump" is one. Looking for the bumps of the bee sting was another that usually worked. It just so happens we stopped at a little farm fruit stand this weekend. The lady there told us about the yellow on the bottom. She picked one out for us and, boy, was it good! I thought it ironic that you would say that. I guess I am not to old to learn. LOL!

Thanks for the pics, Chris, and nice fish!

~Sis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread