Early Morning Hunt 7 - 8 - 14

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the sun rise while driving out to my favorite site . The day warmed up fast with a high of 98 I set up my beach umbrella to shade my dig I lasted about 7 hours but found a few . My favorite find of the day was a little obsidian micro drill . IMG_6481.JPG P7080947.JPG P7080948.JPG P7080950.JPG

Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes…nice hunt and that drill is amazing!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff. I have to ask is the soil easy to dig? I know our soil here is like a big red clay rock.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff. I have to ask is the soil easy to dig? I know our soil here is like a big red clay rock.
Its decomposed granite and easy to dig but some areas are mixed with red clay and baked like in the hearth areas and are tough . You have to scrape the soil .

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its decomposed granite and easy to dig but some areas are mixed with red clay and baked like in the hearth areas and are tough . You have to scrape the soil .

Thanks for the response. Here the top soil isn't deep maybe 12 inches till the hardpan. But getting the top soil off is like scraping cement due to the red clay. No wonder they made so much pottery here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions