digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Have been trying to find where the privy was in my yard. Would like to see if I can find some bottles. I had noticed some area's in my yard that have different color and different grass(pictured) DSCF1453.JPG

I remember someone saying look for a roughly 3 foot circle. So I picked this one to use my hand auger to investigate. DSCF1456.JPG

Augered about 8 inches, threw it on the screen, and out popped what I believe is another clay marble which would be the 3rd out of the yard. (Posted on Marbles to get there opinion)
Then checked the hole with the Carrot, and pulled what I believe is a porcelain door handle or what's left of it. Carroted some more and nothing but modern nails and some slag. DSCF1461.JPG DSCF1460.JPG

Had to see if there was anything deep, so I augered to about 40 inches and hit clay. No hit's on the Carrot as far as I could reach. So I'm thinkin' not a privy. Also thinking should I skim 4" or so of the 3 foot circle and screen that. Seems to be where the old stuff is. Thought I was on to something right off the bat. Well maybe?

On to the next spot, when there isn't something on the calender:BangHead:

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 6

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting plan of attack. You scored a few finds so I guess it's paying off.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions