Earning my bottle

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to go digging early this last November on a very cold morning. I would earn my good find today. I had to cross a swampy area to get to the dump which is normally dry enough to walk to on dry ground but this morning it was very flooded. I decided since my feet would get wet either way I went to try a straight shot through to the dump. I took my shoes and socks off (cold!) and starting walking straight through with my jeans rolled up. Ankles, knees, and then finally the water was right up to my thighs soaking my rolled up pants from thigh to ankle! After getting through that and managing to laugh it off I made my way into the dump. I decided to try a new spot that was tougher to dig in. 3 feet down I hit a big cylinder aqua. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544386607.204485.jpg I was pretty sure I had a Buffalo Lithia Springs bottle. I love digging them as they seem to each have different embossing and they are just a great bottle! As I pulled it out of its grave I felt along the back side of the bottle and I could feel embossing. That’s our first response (is it embossed?). (Please don’t be damaged is our next response). I turn it over and there it is, my second ever Bear Lithia Springs bottle! Color looks amazing too but it’s bluing on the inside I could tell. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544386990.395823.jpg . ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544387589.904202.jpg Look at that blob top too! As you can imagine I was quite happy with that find. I kept digging either way and found a couple other keepers. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544387145.041001.jpg My day ended a lot like it started though... I ended up leaving after cutting my finger pretty deep while trying to pull a broken bottle out of my way (gloves were on). After walking out through the water again I ended up taking my pants off, boots off, and putting my backpack in the trunk and shut it. Oops! Keys are locked in the car! I had to call Triple A with a good samaritans cellphone and wait in my Pajamas in November with no boots on to get rescued. All worth it in the end. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544387366.961228.jpg

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like a good ole bottle showing in the hole. Nice digs and yes worth it :thumbsup:

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for that in situ shot, what a beautiful sight.

I've never seen a lithia water with a blob like that! Very interesting...

There's nothing like digging a big, whole bottle. Congrats Goldenplug! She's a beauty.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Awesome finds. Hope your finger is okay. Curse the broken glass. Great pics. Love em all. Jgas

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a mighty fine bottle. Cogratulations

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
One thing about Tommy...He brings back the good posts I have missed...lol Nice bottles!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions