EARTHNC AWOIS NOAA GOOGLE EARTH WRECK/OBSTRUCTION SYSTEM 13,000+ LISTED WRECKS

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
may be old news to you fellows but looked pretty interesting to me...

http://earthnc.com/awois

from the site'''''''''''''''' With over 13,000 listed wrecks and obstructions, the NOAA Automated Wreck and Obstruction Information System is a great resource for fishermen and divers. Many wrecks include extensive historical notes including ship/obstruction type, reported loss dates, location accuracy, results of surveys to locate the objects, and more. To better explore the AWOIS database, we’ve created a Google Earth version.

For ease of viewing in Google Earth, we’ve built our AWOIS Google Earth map to automatically load in 3×3 degree areas as you zoom in along the coasts.

Look for the purple EarthNC Wreck Icon which marks the center of each zone with wreck information. Zoom in on these areas and you’ll see the wrecks and obstructions appear automatically.

Named wrecks are shown using the purple wreck icon . Unnamed wrecks and other obstructions are marked with yellow circles . Click on any wreck or obstruction to pull up the NOAA summary detail or right click and select ‘Properties’ to see the coordinates. You can use the EarthNC AWOIS layer in conjunction with our Trip and Route Tool to export coordinates to your GPS''''''''''''''''''''''''

gldhntr

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That has been posted here several times. The problem is that there is very little info given with each obstruction.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
yeah i thought the same and looked but didn't see it posted...i also knew you fellows were on top of the game and probably knew it long ago but posted just in case......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread