East Coast hunters get prepared!

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
As a beach resident in SC, I always dred the time to prepare for a hurricane. Boarding windows, moving valuables to higher ground, and praying my home will survive the storm.
But as a Treasure Hunter, when the storm is over, I thank god for the change in the beach. Most of the best finds a detectorist can come across follow a hurricane.
Only 15 minutes ago I was watching the local news and the National Weather Service stated, "Conditions are just right again this year for a heavy hurricane season", indicating a lot of opportunity for those of us on the coast to again make those finds that would not be within our reach.
Good luck to all hunters, and be safe.
xXx

Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hey XXX, I live in South Florida, and read in the paper that if you haven't signed a contract to have hurricane shutters by now, you won't have them installed by the beginning of hurricane season. It seems that people want to be ready this season.
I don't look forward to putting the shutters up, but on the other hand look forward to the surfing, and the beach cut outs for detecting.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Hey xXx,

This is the one time I would like to see forcasters be wrong and let us have a quiet Hurricane season., Stay tune June is just around the corner. I checked our genenrator last night
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC.
I hate to sound like some sick-o, but I actually look forward to a hurricane. I'm a hunter first. I can re-build the house when I get home from the beach.
Just kiddin', sorta. Hope God doesn't take that to heart this summer.
xXx

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good, you can come down to Satellite Beach Florida and help me with all my repairs to both the house and to the boat.

OP
OP
xXx

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
wreckdiver, I would be more than happy to help you with repairs. I'm being honest. I'm sorry to hear you got the damage. While I'm there we could grab some detecting together. I'm also a certified diver and would love to hunt off shore there in FL.
How bad did you get it?
xXx

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
I'm on the west coast of Florida. When I was growing up I always wanted to get hit by a hurricane. Then when I bought my house my lust for distruction changed. Now that I got an underwater detector I am back to looking forward to hurricane season. HH.

CHRIS

ClamBob

Jan 24, 2005
Florida East Coast
A couple of weeks back I heard the head of the hurricane center say something like, "I don't expect four major hurricanes this year, I won't be surprised if we get five or six."
Well, I may have nothing better to do this year than follow the 'canes. I hope they don't hit you, but where ever they hit, I'll most likely be there.

Happy Hunting,
BobJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread