Eastcoast shipwreck story

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sad to say the juno was found --as was the la gagla -- both set the stage for a sad bit of history in the shipwreck salvaging world -- it shows clearly how the state of virginia, the fed govt and spain double dealt the salvors screwing them over -- a very sad thing (the men who put up the money and did the work got zippo --(the crooks won this one --unlike mel fishers case) --- and it lead to the famous spanish saying "we NEVER abandon any of OUR wrecks"

jeric2

May 29, 2003
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
it wasn't the state of Virginia that screwed them over. The state wanted to work with them, of course, for it's fair share. It was the US Government and the Spanish Government that did it.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
New Update guys. Spain has signed an agreement for the Juno to be salvaged. The problem is that the National Park service refuses to give them the other permission they need to start salvage operations.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
once again count on the "gubbermint" to screw the salvors --ever since mel fisher won his case by exposing what a greedy shameless bunch of crooks they were --the US Govt has put the screws to salvors --just about non stop --- they and the states that they turned the wrecks over to have made many of the high traffic wreck areas into " protected zones" of one type or another so you can not legally salavge there -- they "custom" made the abandoned ship wreck act of 1987 to shut off access to federal maritime courts to salvors --basically turning over control of wrecks in coastal waters to the local state govts to avoid losing any more cases in us maritime court --- once the states got control they could "customize" the laws as they wished rather than go by the existinng law as it was in the past. -- between no go state types and greedy salvage blocking fed govt what a poor "working" class guy to do --work till you drop --grinding it out day in and day out -- no dream of escape ever -- not even a prayer of finding a big one one day? -- they are killing the "dream" -- they lost to mel fisher and are making "damn" sure there will never be another one like him--- the "gubbermint" is about controlling the common working man from start to finish --- head down and sweating from day light to dark earning the bosses their "money" --- never let you get your head up never let you out of debt --- work you two legged mule --work-- its a damn shame--- Ivan

OP
OP
Larsmed

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ivan

I agree, after mel fisher and also the blue marine finds in key west, it seems the govt is shutting down the ocean..lol...We are becoming more like China and I cant stand it!!!

Well the govt cant be everywhere all the time so I am sure if hunters dont reveal the locations or what they found then the feds may never know :icon_pirat:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Larsmed, When you say, " after Blue Marines finds in Key West ". I sure hope you aren't talking about Deep Blue Marine, because they never found anything except for 1 silver coin and a hinge with some melted gold on it.

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old man said:
New Update guys. Spain has signed an agreement for the Juno to be salvaged. The problem is that the National Park service refuses to give them the other permission they need to start salvage operations.

Who did Spain sign an agreement with?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Jeff K. You may want to sent me an e-mail and I'll send you my phone number. Sea Hunt, sold the rights to the Juno to Sovereign Exploration. I am assuming ( I know I shouldn't assume) that Odyessey Marine might be interested in this and that is why you're asking. Anyway, if you get in touch with me, I'll give you a contact phone number.

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: East coast shipwreck story

I asked because I doubt very much that Spain would sign an agreement with any treasure hunting company.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Larsmed, I thought that might be what you meant. Blue water ventures is a good privately held company. You threw me off when you said Blue Marine. I didn't want anyone else to be confused with Deep Blue Marine and Blue Water Ventures. They are horses of a different color in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread