Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy, howdy!
Spent most of Easter day about three miles from where they were having the 4/20 event out here in Denver,
fortunately the wind was blowing the right way.
Did a solo dig for about seven hours straight, still sore. Started out detecting at a previous site, the construction crews scrapped a little,
and moved a bunch of earth around. saw a spot that looked good, and told myself to stay at the spot and just dig. I tend to try and hit many areas during
the course of a digging day.
Glad I did.
Not my best privy, but definitely my best digging. Four feet wide, and about six and a half feet deep, with only two, count them two
bricks in the soil. That never happens.
Managed one Staten Island medicine, a couple porcelain beer stoppers, and this whiskey/wine jug.
Stone Hill Wine Co. Herman, MO. B. Ri?hter, agent, Denver COLO.
Researched Stone Hill Wine, they are still in business.
I think the name for the Denver agent is actually Bernard Richter, who owned at least one saloon in Denver,
and later became president of Empire Bottling Company.
Broken, with most of the bottom blown out, but the shard is in one piece.
Just a small sliver is missing.

Ironic, while tens of thousands of people were digging getting stoned,
I was up the street, digging and getting a Stone!

Get it?!

I make me laugh.
Seriously, can anyone recommend what adhesive I should use to repair this jug?
I'm thinking that I need to spray something inside the jug, to make it sturdier.
Thanks in advance,
Carl

Attachments

• Stone Hill Jug#2.jpg
    Stone Hill Jug#2.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Stone Hill Jug#1.jpg
    Stone Hill Jug#1.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Aretas Rowe.jpg
    Aretas Rowe.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 115

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Howdy, howdy! [snip]
Seriously, can anyone recommend what adhesive I should use to repair this jug?
I'm thinking that I need to spray something inside the jug, to make it sturdier.
Thanks in advance,
Carl

Nice finds, Carl! One possibility is to use white glue (such as Elmer's). You could apply some petroleum jelly around and inside the mouth of the jug as far in as your finger will go. Then pour into the jug a small bottle of white glue. Rotate the jug so that the entire interior is coated, then pour out the excess back into the original glue container (a small plastic funnel may be useful). Set the upside-down jug to drain for an hour or two (for example, between two kitchen chairs . . . newspaper and glue bottle on the floor).

When the glue has fully drained, set the jug aside for a week or two to be certain the glue has dried inside the jug. Pull away the film of dried glue wherever you applied the petroleum jelly.

I recommend epoxy putty to fill in any gaps in the joins before you use the white glue to line the jug.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's right !!!! an unlisted jug from Denver , Congrats Carl !!!!!!!!! I don't care if it is broke,its unlisted !!!!! I've dug 2 unlisted jugs, one from the Creek and one from Victor . keep that shovel dirty

OP
OP
curbdiggercarl57

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's right !!!! an unlisted jug from Denver , Congrats Carl !!!!!!!!! I don't care if it is broke,its unlisted !!!!! I've dug 2 unlisted jugs, one from the Creek and one from Victor . keep that shovel dirty

Thanks for the repair info Harry, the hole in the bottom is large enough to easily pour some Elmer's Glue.
Pikes, I only have one of the Colorado bottle books, (the one with only a few photos of jugs).
Are you sure that it's not in the other book? Certainly not doubting your knowledge, you could write a book with what you know,
just want to make sure before I start the Inside-the-House-Chicken-Dance!
Carl

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start dancing my friend ,,, it is not in the book,unlisted !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread