Easter hunting

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
I got 2 boxes of dimes and 2 boxes of nickels from a TD bank. The nickels yielded some good stuff, a 1939d, a 1955, and 2 war nicks as well as two dozen or so from the 40s ad 50s. All in all, 2 good boxes. I have decided to keep all of the nicks from the box and put then in storage tubs because the nicks have a 7c melt value each.

My dimes were not nearly as prosperous. I searched 2 boxes, and got ZERO! I have never found a dime in a box, but have had great luck with halves. I usually get over $100 in silver per box. The dimes were machine wrapped in paper, but were not NH string wraps. The nicks were all in NH string wrappers. Does TD rewrap the coins it pulls from its coin machine? If so, that would explain the lack of silver bc I know they reject the silvers in the machine.

I know a lot of you have had luck with dimes, but what kind of wrappers (aside from CWRs) are they in? Also, what banks do you get them from?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help/advice/thoughts/feedback/etc.

Upvote 0

seinfeld4077

Mar 19, 2011
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i get brinks boxes of dimes (clear plastic wraps) easy to spot silvers, i usually get 2 per box average, but lately its been bad, but turned around today, found a rosie and a dirty mercury 1935s. i have been doing bank runs and asking for halves, and have found 5 40%ers this week. i also have startd saving the ikes. people are buying them up for over face value, but they also make good poker chips!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread