Easy come-easy go??

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
This may not be the correct place for this but has anyone noticed that NOT a single person on this forum is persuring doing anything about forming a GROUP that is in favor of getting something done for the Treasure Hunters. Everyone was HELL BENT on this subject but in a short time seemed to get burnt out and the subject was dropped.
If this is the way it is going to be and it appears to be then EVERYONE for themselves this may be the true nature of THers the world over then SO BE IT.
Peg Leg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I emailed Taffi Fisher-Abt about all of us joining IMAC and never heard anything back. I was going to join forces with them rather than try to go from the ground up...I'll giver her a few more days.

Jason

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I will be for it, but I agree, the last time, it seemed to fizzle out. I agree that we should join together, and more importantly, have a spokesman who will be literate, honest sounding, level headed, knowledgeable in the subject, and maybe most importantly, famous or at least well known so they have that kind of clout. I do agree with what seemed to be the last post, last time, maybe we should join IMAC or another successful marine archealogist group. It is hard to get 100% membership in any big group of people, no matter what you got going. What we dont need is for someone to go off and start slinging mud or generally put a black eye on our faces. We should definetly keep the plan going. Taffi would be a good place to get some info, as they definitely have a good repore with the State. I may be going over in a few weeks unless someone else who lives closer, wants to talk to her. Steve.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Before you form a pressure group, you have to know what you are aiming to achieve. I bet it's not possible to name five meaningful objectives that you would get the vast majority of this forum to agree to, especially as one of the rules for any credible group would be a commitment not to break the law in pursuing their TH activities. The chances are that you would end up like the pigs in "Animal Farm", who revolt against their human masters, and then end up just as bad when they are in charge.

It's one thing to come together against a single threat, which is what the IMAC people did. It's another to bring such a wide-ranging group under a single umbrella.

Sorry to be negative, but I don't think the chances of success are very high.

Mariner

pepper

Jun 4, 2006
Peg Leg,

I hope your recent surgery was a success. You seem to be your old self
again and I look forward to your many post on the forum. I would like
to take this opportunity to wish you and your family the best on the
holiday season and the new year!

All the best!

Pepper

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I am all for joining forces with IMAC, but like mariner said, there needs to be some kind of goal. To exert pressure on the government you need to have money and control a lot of votes. And to get the average person to swing his or her vote based on Treasure hunting would be near impossible.

The other way would be to have a documentary filmed that aired on the History Channel or some media that is sympathetic to our cause. The History Channel is a good candidate but are they willing to take on the government in the name of private salvage.

You guys let me know what you find out and I will try to make some contacts as well.

Robert in SC

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Jason, get in touch with Pat Clyne at IMAC. He has Taffi's support and the first thing we could do is repeal the isolated finds act. That would be a positive start .

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I believe that the reason that the ISOLATED FINDS ACT was done away with was because the State did not have 100% control.
The State held a few Public hearings here and there but to a very small audience as this was planned from the start. They did exactly what they wanted to do and did it according to the Law.
There are a great number of things discussed on this FORUM-some good and some not so good but the information that can be found is PRICELESS and all one has to do is ASK for it. Its that simple.
Everyone agrees that is will take MONEY to jump start any program or project of this nature but NOONE wants to give CASH and this I understand so how do you think it will be able to raise this FUNDING?
I would like to suggest an AUCTION.
Thats correct an AUCTION. We ALL have something LAYING AROUND or siting on a shelf somewhere that we could do without in order to help raise the FUNDS need to get Organised.
BUT the question is WHO WILL DONATE WHAT? WHERE WILL THE AUCTION BE HELD? WHO WILL PUT THIS AUCTION TOGETHER?
I am NOT qualified and have no idea how to do this.
I said before when this was put on the table a while back.
I WILL DONATE ONE OF MY GOLD TRINKET ARTIFACTS TO HELP GET THIS PROJECT/PROGRAM STARTED.
Now all WE have to do is form a NON-Profit Corp so lets start with a NAME then set the RULES.
This sounds simple but believe me it AIN'T going to be easy.
I also believe that this should be put under a seperate TOPIC.
This is all I have to say right now.
It is up to those on this FORUM to SINK or SWIM.
Peg leg

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is up to those on this FORUM to SINK or SWIM.

I for one prefer to sink AND swim....provided I have my dive gear on! :D Seriously, the ONLY reason I am not pursuing this stuff as fervantly and you are is because the state is not currently impeding my progress in any way. I have things I'm going to go get from Florida submerged lands, and I have the lawyers and the money behind me so that I don't have to worry about this. They have so far found the state military, and feds to be quite ammicable to my project. Not everyone on this forum is having problems getting what they need from the state...seems to be just you, which I still say goes back to your original approach. You haven't listened yet, and you probably never will, but if you treat them like dogs, they will most likely bite.

Now JASON has said enough on this subject!

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Pepper, Thanks for your concern. Yes the eye operation went great. A little lazer work did the job.
Marry Christmas to you and all your family and may the New Year be great as well.
Thanks.
Peg Leg

sherpa t

Jan 25, 2005
Ocala florida
Detector(s) used
Titan / Tesoro SLT/ Fisher F5
Just saw a post about the Isolated finds program, and some efforts being made to have it reviewed. The post states you can see what they want to do / letter they want you to forward at, WWW.isolatedfindspolicy.org , appears to be worth reviewing what they are working on, of course everyone should draw their own options.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread