Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Easy Diggin' In The Wood Chips Today, Plus Made A New Friend

Hi all,

I have been overdoing it lately with all the digging and my fingers have been aching alot, so I went out to a few schools to check the wood chips so I wouldn't have to dig much..I found $8.30 in clad, 11 zipper pulls, another ring that's NOT gold >:( (I know dr quest..I don't want to talk about it)! a necklace, a little purse charm, 3 buttons and 1 religious medal. The ring was on top of the ground in the wood chips between the see-saws..the necklace was by the slide barely beneath the surface.

FINDS1-1.jpg

FINDS2-1.jpg

What made my day though was when a few small kids on bicycles came over and became so interested in what I was doing that they followed me all over the place..I think they became interested because they saw me pulling up money with very little effort..2 of the kids (brother and sister) lived in a house right across the fence from the school, and I waved at the mom and dad as they were working in the yard so they knew I was a "good guy". I gave each kid a newly dug up quarter, and let them pick up some pennies and dimes when my detector would go off. After two of them left, one little boy continued to follow me around everywhere I went, so I made sure he told his parents where he was so they wouldn't worry. When I put down my detector he grabbed it and started to go over the wood chips with it, so I planted a coin for him to dig up..he was just thrilled. After a while he told me, "We sure are finding lots of treasure!"

I had a hard time saying goodbye to the kid..he asked me if I was coming back tomorrow and I had to remind him tomorrow was a school day :-\ The last thing he said to me was "See ya this summer!" :D

Nat

Upvote 0

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
Re: Easy Diggin' In The Wood Chips Today, Plus Made A New Friend

Very good! Maybe some future Metal Detectors there. Even if I'm not finding anything I bring a few coins with me to give to the kids!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Easy Diggin' In The Wood Chips Today, Plus Made A New Friend

Hi Nat

I predict you'll get you gold ring this coming weekend so just believe, and it will come to you. Your great attitude and giving personality with the kids will get the good karma going for you and you'll be paying that detector off every week very soon I would bet. Nice finds, those shoe fobs are sure popular these days. Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread