Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This wasn't supposed to be a debate. There is absolutely nothing wrong calling out a counterfeit product. If you bought a T2 here off the classifieds and it turned out to be a fake, wouldn't you say something if you saw the same seller had another up for sale? Geez.

Personal greed has nothing to do with it either. People don't shop at Walmart because they are greedy.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Holy Mackerel Jeff, did your account get hacked? That there is some serious trolling! :notworthy:

Wow ! I gotta like that :laughing7:
yes of course the counterfeiters should be Reigned in and at the very least be forced
to make it clear they are selling copies.

But I also agree with the "abusive buyer" accusations.

"abusive member" or "Snich" fits better though

after all they are a Business & as a Business do you want Snitches watching every move you make.

get a job anywhere and start Tattling on all the things you don't like.
see how long you last.
depending on the Job, You may end up with Cement Loafers. :laughing7:

Most people are Happy when they are out from under their parents Eyes & Judgement :unhappysmiley:

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about it from the perspective of a small business that you run. Let's say you have 50 employees. You hire two new people.

One of them is a good worker, and after being there a few months, blows the whistle on a co-worker who is stealing from the company. His main purpose is to work and earn a paycheck, but he brought this to your attention. I'm pretty sure that would be appreciated.

The other guy isn't really there for the job. His sole purpose is to pick through your company with a finetooth comb, ratting out every deviation he can possibly find. He is leaving no stone unturned in his quest for fraud, safety issues, clock abusers, etc. He comes to you every single day with at least one or two transgressions that he has found.

The guy eBay banned sounds like the second guy to me. I'd fire his ass too.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think about it from the perspective of a small business that you run. Let's say you have 50 employees. You hire two new people.

One of them is a good worker, and after being there a few months, blows the whistle on a co-worker who is stealing from the company. His main purpose is to work and earn a paycheck, but he brought this to your attention. I'm pretty sure that would be appreciated.

The other guy isn't really there for the job. His sole purpose is to pick through your company with a finetooth comb, ratting out every deviation he can possibly find. He is leaving no stone unturned in his quest for fraud, safety issues, clock abusers, etc. He comes to you every single day with at least one or two transgressions that he has found.

The guy eBay banned sounds like the second guy to me. I'd fire his ass too.

yes and apparently this guy or group wasn't even an employee .
just a self appointed snitch who like a virus in the system, apparently went overboard
trying to save the world from a large
enough % of ebay sellers to the point of becoming a nusense :tongue3:.

I'm sure they do appreciate the occasional reports from the general public,
which are probably pretty regular also

Last edited:

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live very close to Detroit and the word snitch is a bad thing........to criminals. It is a very popular "urban" word. I have heard of people getting their home firebombed for giving up information. Sometimes the authorities are the ones giving up the snitch so that they can keep their little illegal business going themselves.

You see, to be called a snitch means that you are telling on someone for doing something bad. You cannot be called a snitch for telling people about the good that others do.
So to not like a snitch is bewildering to me since I don't share the same ghetto-urban style of thinking that snitch haters share.

Some people say they don't care if someone finds out through happenstance about a bad doing and then snitches on them. That's ok. But for someone to look for things done illegally and report them, that is bad and I do not like that person...this is a brain washed individual.

We should not care if someone thinks they are self righteous or not. What they are doing is good, not bad.

There is a book I believe that foretells a time when good will be called bad and bad will be called good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread