Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got this from ebay.

We’re writing to let you know about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks Rewards Program.... bla bla BS bla bla ... In order to continue offering meaningful benefits,... bla bla bla... will be the last sent for Rewards that total less than $5.00.

what that means is those of us buyers that only get 50¢ on a regular basis or even $4.99 will now lose out. That person whose only job is to think up new ways to screw with us SELLERS just got a year end bonus for short changing BUYERS.

I don't care because my quarterly rewards was .22¢ last week.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time I read that I thought that any purchased items that earned under $5.00 in rewards would receive 0 rewards for it. Lucky I spend entirely too much acquiring items on ebay and passed that requirement [this quarter] five-fold.

edit:

What may be far worse, for those whom it may apply, is this ruling:

"Also effective January 1, 2014, purchases from eBay Motors Parts & Accessories will not be eligible for Rewards."

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just two more ways for ebay to improve their bottom line. (at the expense of someone else)

gotta go now. ebay just gave me 60,000 free auction listings and I have till Jan 6 to post them.
I do like that part. I have not paid a listing fee in well over a year. My sales have gone up a lot and that makes ebay more money. (wow I actually paid them a complement)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even know about this program. I just enrolled. I wish I would have known before I spent over $500 on Christmas junk on there. :BangHead:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even know about this program. I just enrolled. I wish I would have known before I spent over $500 on Christmas junk on there. :BangHead:

At least you guys have it... I spend many thousands and get squat!

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it something you have to signup for? I guess I signed up many years ago. I always get some tiny amount but i always manage to spend it. Sometimes I can get an indian cent or V nickel to add to my stash of old coins that arn't silver.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea...the continue to screw people over every year. I refuse to use PayPal anymore either. They love to freeze my account about the time I hit the 500 dollar mark for some reason.
Years ago, i used to go to these Autobody places and would find headlights, Tailights, body parts that they would take off for Insurnace jobs and most the time they would only have a small scratch on them. well after selling this stuff for 5+ years, one day PayPal/eBay decides to freeze my account and wanted me to verify all my items with invoices..I had to explain to them for a full MONTH that i find the stuff in dumpsters...Im just done with them

I saw that email from them this morning...just adds to the hatred i have for them

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never let rewards change your behavior. It is rare that a bad deal is made good by a 1% reward.

That totally reminds me from my job in my 20s. The company would treat people very bad, than Christmas would roll around and they'd have a party, and give everyone a small Christmas bonus, and it's like all was forgotten! What was even funnier is the upper management exchanged gifts, they basically bought for the next person higher on the ladder, so my boss had to buy for his boss, and it was our group (and him) that I guess was suppose to pay the bill. So he comes to me about a week before Christmas and says what's going on, and asks if I'm in. My reply to that was.... So who is buying my gift? ...and his answer was no one, and then I said well I guess you have your answer. I know it came up a couple more times and my answer then was you have to be f'in kidding me. It's not that I didn't dislike the people over me, but the company was rotten and it was still BS sucking up to the management and sucking up was exactly how things worked around that place. Makes me feel like I won the lottery selling on ebay compared to dealing with that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread