ebay is so much fun....

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I hope the 7 up comes with it. That's what I drink when I'm sick to the stomach. When that pile showed up, I would definitely need 7 up.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask some questions... Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll post the answers on the auction page for everyone to enjoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be kinda funny if we all asked a bunch of questions all at once like a flood.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Pile of rocks.............They probably fell out of his ear onto the Ebay platform and then the dribble coming out of his mouth spewed out a MEIIILLLLLLIOOONNN DOLLLLAAAARRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!.......................................LMAO!!!!.....................

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
He probably got the idea on the value from a TV show I watched. They found a flat rock in the trail, took it to the dealer and the dealer paid them hundreds of dollars for it. I have a number of bowls and metates, and the rock they found didn't look like any artifact I'd ever seen, probably because it was so rare. But I'd seen a lot of river rocks that looked just like their artifact. I have no idea what my bowls are worth, but they aren't for sale anyhow.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all I can say is they arent mine :laughing7:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He probably got the idea on the value from a TV show I watched. They found a flat rock in the trail, took it to the dealer and the dealer paid them hundreds of dollars for it. I have a number of bowls and metates, and the rock they found didn't look like any artifact I'd ever seen, probably because it was so rare. But I'd seen a lot of river rocks that looked just like their artifact. I have no idea what my bowls are worth, but they aren't for sale anyhow.

Hey Bosnmate post up some of them bowls for us to see. We like to see real artifacts.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I love mediates and manos. I have only found 2 that belonged together. I'm not sure I have ever posted them.

image-4062755797.jpg

image-977092343.jpg

image-3699433720.jpg

I had these on my patio for years, but, they started drawing so much attention, I had to bring them inside.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Bosnmate post up some of them bowls for us to see. We like to see real artifacts.

I've showed my stuff on here before, but that was a long time ago, but don't remember if the bowls or metates (that's what I call the flat ones, don't know it that is the proper name) were shown at that time. I know I showed some points and my railroad pot in the past. Anyhow, here are some, I have others out in the yard that I'll have to take pictures of.
my collection.jpg my collection1.jpg my collection2.jpg my collection3.jpg my collection4.jpg Each one of these has a story behind it, and I don't have the time or patience right now to get real involved with stories. However the flat "matates" came from Nevada. I was working on a ranch that the gas company put a pipe line across, and in an area that didn't have a rock large enough to kill a rattlesnake, they dug up three metates and a bunch of manos, which is what I call the flat stone that they rubbed on the matate to grind their seeds. The other bowls for the most part came from property I owned, or was owned by my family. The bowls would be Chumash, coming from the vicinity of San Luis Obispo, California. My great great grand parents filed a homestead on some land there in 1867, some of the bowls were plowed up on that place, and those fields are now under pavement and a shopping center. I didn't think to put something in the photo for scale, and I've got more stuff, maybe I'll start a different thread to show those with a ruler for scale. The bowls and metates are for the most part quite large. Anyhow, if that flat river rock those guys sold on TV is really worth $600, then I must have some big bucks here. Shucks, I've given away bowls that were way better than what they sold on TV.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've showed my stuff on here before, but that was a long time ago, but don't remember if the bowls or metates (that's what I call the flat ones, don't know it that is the proper name) were shown at that time. I know I showed some points and my railroad pot in the past. Anyhow, here are some, I have others out in the yard that I'll have to take pictures of.
View attachment 712394 View attachment 712395 View attachment 712396 View attachment 712397 View attachment 712398 Each one of these has a story behind it, and I don't have the time or patience right now to get real involved with stories. However the flat "matates" came from Nevada. I was working on a ranch that the gas company put a pipe line across, and in an area that didn't have a rock large enough to kill a rattlesnake, they dug up three metates and a bunch of manos, which is what I call the flat stone that they rubbed on the matate to grind their seeds. The other bowls for the most part came from property I owned, or was owned by my family. The bowls would be Chumash, coming from the vicinity of San Luis Obispo, California. My great great grand parents filed a homestead on some land there in 1867, some of the bowls were plowed up on that place, and those fields are now under pavement and a shopping center. I didn't think to put something in the photo for scale, and I've got more stuff, maybe I'll start a different thread to show those with a ruler for scale. The bowls and metates are for the most part quite large. Anyhow, if that flat river rock those guys sold on TV is really worth $600, then I must have some big bucks here. Shucks, I've given away bowls that were way better than what they sold on TV.

Yeah that is what I am talking about!! I saw the one they found on that TV show. Made me mad. I think they used a back hoe to get it,haaa. Those are some fabulous examples !!
please when you have time do a separate thread for everyone to see. High quality sir.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread