jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
As many of you know there was recently some discussion about picking on ebay. This is not a practice that I normally do. I did listen and decided to give it a try. I spent the better part of 2 hours a bit ago looking for stuff to pick on ebay. I ended up with this:

It is a pendant/fob/medal/award for some sort of a football competition. Made of sterling silver in England. It is hallmarked with the lion and anchor. Even the little attachment loop is hallmarked. The piece in the middle is gold (more likely gold filled).

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 126

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is a great find,looks like your a winner also.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much you get it for? I tried an Iron Patch technique too recently :laughing7:, I won't know if I did good till it actually gets here though.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
How much you get it for? I tried an Iron Patch technique too recently :laughing7:, I won't know if I did good till it actually gets here though.

I tried to pay a similar price I would pay by pretending I found it at a flea market.

At $20, this is something I would have bought in person all day long.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with ebay is there's an endless supply of cool stuff!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I better shut up before I increase my competition. ;)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a lady on Antiques Roadshow (I think it was) with a gold enamel compact with gold chain and enamel on it. I think she got it in an online auction, most likely eBay for $1100. or so? The appraiser found it was signed and put a value of $6K maybe $8K on it as it was a made by a jeweler in the class of Cartier. I know some folks have scored well off of me over the years. I once found 12 tobacco pipes I gave $16.00 for all with the stand included. I know fellas refurbish them, but I don't. The guy who purchased them bid at $250.00 for all. I saw he sold refurbished pipes and I watched to see if he'd relist what I sold him. He got them all fixed up and listed in a week. I watched them all sell individually for a total of over $800. for my old pipes. I did great on the pipes, but he did even better, I looked into restoring old pipes as you'll find a good old' Dunhill out there from time to time. I got a Dunhill for 3 bucks once and turned it into 160 buck five days later. The Asian market has many pipe smokers who seek out the great pipe makers. Ebay has tons of treasures to score. Don't know why I never do much buying there??? Just not my habit.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
translation FOOTBALL

American English = Football

Brittish English = Soccer

Business is slow today, I think I will be a "Patch Picker"