eBay pipe for sale

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
s-l500.jpg
What's your opinion on this beauty for sale on eBay? Comes with a Baker COA as authentic and graded 9.5. This particular seller has an astounding amount of flawless items, all with COA's. I hope they are in fact all the real deal.

Upvote 0

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 reasons I wouldn't give this auction the time of day.

1. Looks like a really bad fake
2. Jeff Baker COA

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Just passing this along, a close friend of mine who is full-blooded Lakota told me to always be wary of artifacts that may have been recovered from a gravesite. Lots of bad karma. I'm not saying this pipe is from a grave, just a general warning for those who believe in karma. I passed on a beautiful pipe at a flea market a few years ago when the seller told me he wasn't sure but that it may have come from a dug grave. I'm glad I did.
dts

OP
OP
newnan man

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks to me like that particular NA pipe maker had a Dremel tool! There are actually quite a few sellers on eBay who are reputable and sell the real deal. Their stuff shows wear & tear and is priced accordingly. They occasionally have a great piece and the provenience is solid. It is sad they are lumped in with the sellers who clearly are preying on the uneducated collectors who think a COA is all they need to prove an artifact is genuine.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some COAs ought to be COFs — certificates of fakeness

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COA's are worthless. That COA has a bad rep from what I've heard.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That sold for $1260. If it were real, it would have been a steal and then some. Instead, the buyer got robbed. An experienced collector would know the real deal cannot be had for that price. An experienced collector, at least one that buys relics, would know what to think of a Baker COA as well. Pretty sad, but maybe he's got money to burn, and its pocket change. Me, I'd be crying if I ever learned the truth. And this poor buyer can't wait till he has it in hand. He'll have 14 days to come to his senses, but these sellers depend on that not happening.

That said, you can still get good artifacts on eBay.....

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1st thing that got my eye was how deep the carving is on the pattern of the snake, you are not going to do that with a stone flake with out having a lot of missed strokes and the eye is to oval shaped with the same depth. If you buy off of ebay use paypal because they will give you a buyer protection for over 100 days the last time I read their info. I saw an arrow that I made and sold for $25 a piece to an art gallery posted on ebay, I reported it to ebay an nothing was done and it sold for $425. Like it was said know your stuff a arrow of the age like the one I made would have no sinew, feathers or much hide glue, yet this one was in perfect shape.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fake. COA's can be made up easily. Never would buy anything with it as the sole criteria of authenticity.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
a fun ebay time waster is to look up the sellers buy record. if the seller is impatient (often) you can scroll back and see where they bought an honest reproduction...roughed it up a bit...and resold it as "provenance unknown" or "from an old time collection". also, what you did is right too....look at what else they have for sale, too much of a good thing is too much....

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of idiots on fee bay look at the many supposed error coins lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread