ebay printout with price stickers at resale.....GAG ME PUKE

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know why they think putting an ebay printout makes a difference. Most of the time the stuff they sale is not in the same condition as that on the ebay printout. The other day I overheard one of the employees say "we are in a tie with two other stores", must be for most highest sales for the month. Had to scratch out most since if that was the case they would lower the price on that broken lamp with the missing cord with the ebay printout that I have had my eye on for sometime.

bdxample

Mar 2, 2007
Panama City Florida
Around here, even the Catholic Thrift Store is doing it. High dollar items with a printout and a slightly lower price on the item. Just to class it up a bit, ALL the price tags are done on masking tape

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
Beans said:
I do not know why they think putting an ebay printout makes a difference. Most of the time the stuff they sale is not in the same condition as that on the ebay printout. The other day I overheard one of the employees say "we are in a tie with two other stores", must be for most highest sales for the month. Had to scratch out most since if that was the case they would lower the price on that broken lamp with the missing cord with the ebay printout that I have had my eye on for sometime.
maybe this could be an opportunity.

IF the manager is there.

show them how their item is inferior and offer aloweer price

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Yup, and lots of times at Estate run sales and some GS's. Seems they are never "Completed Listing" Prices....
Blow right by them, sometimes with a comment , sometimes not.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Yeah, I'm sure evryone has heard/seen the line at garage sales and flea markets . "on ebay this goes for...." You feel like saying well put in on ebay then in that case ::). What ever happend to making a little money on a lot of stuff rather than trying to pull this :evil5: stuff Crazy amigo, crazy .

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From now on whenever I see an ebay printout, i'm gonna start questioniing the hell out of these people. It's kind of insulting to me as an ebay seller to see this crap, because I know what it takes to find, research, list, pack, ship, pay fees, maintain a 100% feedback score, maintain a top rated seller rating, as well as my power seller status. Not to mention the completed sales price variations, the same item in identical condition item can sell for double or triple sometimes depending on when it's listed, how many are listed, and who's bidding on it. Schmucks. :BangHead:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Isn't it funny that 99% of those ebay tags are for items that either haven't sold, are 'dream type' prices, or are the only sold item out of a list of 100 that didn't sell?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen so much of this lately. All of them show an item with a buy it now price, not an actual sale. Ridiculous.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked about the E-Bay print outs at our local Goodwill store and then asked where the good stuff is.
They directed me to there online auction site.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/listings/listbycat.asp?catid=6
All the good stuff is spirited away for online auction sales.
I only came in looking for a hard case suitcase for my detector anyway.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with that between Ebay and American Pickers a lot of yard sales I have visited between Michigan and now Tennessee everybody wants top dollar plus a little more. Have a lot of good luck on back road and off the beaten path yard sales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread