eBay Stupidity ...

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
OK ... so I'm a fan of eBay ... but this is beyond stupid.

Trying to sell some pink Hubley cap guns. I know the rules, you need an orange cap on the end and I have that ...

IMG_6865.JPG

So, I when I click to list my item, I get the following message:

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

Replica and imitation firearms, including toy/cap guns, may only be sold domestically in the United States provided that they have clear markings permanently affixed to the items (commonly a blaze orange tip or plug inserted in the barrel), and must not be readily convertible to shoot a projectile.

All photos of the gun must clearly show the safety markings (even if the description states the markings are included). This includes replicas/imitation guns of any age. These items must be located in the U.S., offered only for domestic shipment and the seller must be located in the U.S. These rules apply to all items designed to look like firearms."

Um ... yeah, I have the STUPID ORANGE TIP. How the BLEEP does it know if there's an orange tip on there in the first place. Now I have to call their support just to list a $20 item.

Idiots.

(rant over)

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through this same type problem before. In the picture your tips look red, not orange. Talked to some totally ignorant people in India and ended up telling them where to stick it. I relisted several months later with no problems.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have global shipping turned off?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem about two years ago. I had a 1940's cap gun that looks real. They never had red or orange plugs back then. I was not going to ruin this toy with paint. So (and don't tell feeBay) I photoshopped a safety plug on my main photo. I think I said something in the description about it not being real.

Attachments

• BIGHORN1.jpg
    BIGHORN1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 104

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through this same type problem before......Talked to some totally ignorant people in India and ended up telling them where to stick it.
When i get any outsourced phone person I start asking questions I know they can't answer or keep saying to repeat because I do not understand them or start asking them where in India they are from. I always get transferred back to USA.

OP
OP
F

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL. So, I saved the listing on the computer and listed it through the eBay mobile app on my phone. Maybe the mobile app is less sensitive about rules.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions