OP
utah hunter

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Re: Ebay's new guidelines for certified coins, it is about time in my opinion

If you make your living helping others deceive by inaccurate grading you deserve to be out of business. Ebay and the ANA took a stand for ethics and integrity against a legitimate threat to the coin industry by setting guidelines and informing people of the dangers of buying a coin for the holder grade. If they would have graded at least close to ANA standards this never would have become an issue. I have a few coins right now in generic holders that I keep for a laugh. I have an obviously AU nickel in an MS-66 holder. I didn't pay ms-66 price for it, but an unknowing victim could have. Occasionally they did get the right grade, but because of their lousy standards I wouldn't dare buy them unless I saw the coin in person. If they stop complaining and hire good graders and have it go through the same process as the accepted graders they can make a case for being reinstated. It would take away their huge profit margin because they would have to have many employees and blind triple checks on every coin.

Also, ebay did not say the coins were counterfeit, it says they are considered the same as a "raw" coin. What a joke of a lawsuit, it takes all kinds.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Re: Ebay's new guidelines for certified coins, it is about time in my opinion

My eBay experience:

I make a small profit being honest selling coins.

Others make large profits being dishonest selling coins.

Dishonest sellers SUCK.

/.02

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread