ECONOMY 101 CONT

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ECONOMY 101 CON'T

Well, lets check back. In my original post I predicted that the economy would slowly improve through the year starting with falling retail prices starting with non essential goods. I caught plenty of flack for that, but it is happening. Large screen TV sets are dropping in price like a rock. Cameras are dropping in price. Small riding mowers are falling in price. Both Home Depot and Sears now have them for around $800, lowest I have seen in over a year. John Deer has cut it's farm tractor prices over $1000. As earlier predicted food and Fuel would be the last to drop. Here's my next prediction for which I will catch still more flack, but which will still come to pass within the year. Oil prices will fall to between $60 & $70 a bbl. by the end of the year! I can feel the flack allready! My reasoning is that the oil producers have drained as many excess billions of dollars from the economy as they can without killing the golden goose that feeds them.
Like all things the economy goes in cycles. The drain cycle is over. It is now time to let the goose regain it's strength for the next drain cycle. Let the flack commence! Frank

P

pastorals

Re: ECONOMY 101 CON'T

The only Flack I can think of is Roberta.

Alan

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Roberta ??? Frank

S

Smee

Frankn said:
Here's my next prediction for which I will catch still more flack, but which will still come to pass within the year. Oil prices will fall to between $60 & $70 a bbl. by the end of the year! I can feel the flack allready! My reasoning is that the oil producers have drained as many excess billions of dollars from the economy as they can without killing the golden goose that feeds them.
Like all things the economy goes in cycles. The drain cycle is over. It is now time to let the goose regain it's strength for the next drain cycle. Let the flack commence! Frank

Correct estimate, wrong reason. The true reason . . . can anyone guess?

We know, it has happened before and will again.

Here's a hint: It works on a 4 year cycle.

It's the kind of "misdirection" a magician uses. People are looking at one hand while the other is doing the misdeed.

When the cycle is completed, prices will begin their climb again.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I remember the post. And I am so surprised that this propaganda continues in news all over the country!!!!
So prices falling is a good thing :icon_scratch:? It might be, if only your buying power is increasing, and it is NOT!
This is not a sign of good times to come, but is an indicator of something else. We all need to be aware of our surroundings, because the snake oil salesmen are out in force!!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think oil prices will fall also
they have too.

can't kill the last goose laying the golden egg

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FarmerChick said:
I think oil prices will fall also
they have too.

can't kill the last goose laying the golden egg

I remember saying exactly that about the tobacco companies lololol.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think prices are falling to stir the economy, rather they are falling so manufactures can try and stay afloat. Get ready for the double dip in this recession, it's just around the bend. No job growth, stagnate home sales, rising unemployment, fuel, and food costs. Things aren't looking good even through my kaleidoscope glasses :laughing7:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stopped at a Bp station about 3 weeks ago. Of course When paying with cash they make you prepay. I go up to the clerk and says " you take a payroll check for a fillup " He said "Huh" I said $50 on pump #2. It was $4.199. then it is now 3.79.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn, I hope you are right, but I think you're in for a really big disappointment.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am so sorry, but i am still on the floor at Sparts post! I am in agreement! It must be the catalyst we are at odds about!

or maybe some one has stolen his keyboard?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread