Effigy figure? Tinkler plate?

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some new finds at the Indian site I've been at lately. I'm really interested in the little figure. I think it's lead. I was thinking it might be an effigy? There's also a dimple on the back of its "head." The triangular plate could possibly be a tinkler plate? No clue on the round tag with two holes. Hopefully you guys will find these interesting and maybe have some info. Thanks!! IMG_3289.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange and cool little figure- Hopefully someone can give some info...

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I know very little about trade era or contact period artifacts, but it looks to me like you might have found some very nice and possibly significant artifacts. I am bumping this back up top, and hoping to see the thoughts of some of our more knowledgeable members. Have you also found stone artifacts or arrowheads at this site?

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know very little about trade era or contact period artifacts, but it looks to me like you might have found some very nice and possibly significant artifacts. I am bumping this back up top, and hoping to see the thoughts of some of our more knowledgeable members. Have you also found stone artifacts or arrowheads at this site?

Thank you! I appreciate it. I have found one flint arrowhead, 7 copper arrowheads, a Jesuit trade ring, some musket parts, glass trade beads, etc. but nothing like the little figurine it really intrigues me.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, the lead figurine is pretty cool, assuming it's intended as a figurine. I can't find any info on lead items as trade goods at Iroquois sites, but they must exist. I have a lead seal from a NY Iroquois site. Hard to see that item as anything other then a figurine, even with the two sets of arms.

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the lead figurine is pretty cool, assuming it's intended as a figurine. I can't find any info on lead items as trade goods at Iroquois sites, but they must exist. I have a lead seal from a NY Iroquois site. Hard to see that item as anything other then a figurine, even with the two sets of arms.

I agree! When I dug it I immediately thought it looked humanoid. I'm think that the second set of legs might represent a dress because the angle of it is bent downwards compared to the arms and legs which are totally straight.

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I've seen a petroglyph with 4 arms like that...can't seem to find a picture now though.

I always thought maybe it was representative of a skeleton (rib-cage) ?
Could it be made of pewter?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score man cools find from you lately. Where in the finger lakes are you? I'm from south of you near the pa border

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I've seen a petroglyph with 4 arms like that...can't seem to find a picture now though.

I always thought maybe it was representative of a skeleton (rib-cage) ?
Could it be made of pewter?

It's quite possible it's pewter I'm not quite sure how to tell

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score man cools find from you lately. Where in the finger lakes are you? I'm from south of you near the pa border

I live in the midst of all of the lakes. Like an hour from Rochester. You can't be too far from me then like an hour and a half maybe.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a interesting find maybe somebody will know. Monster Rack knows a lot and maybe he will respond.

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's Goro from Mortal Combat

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505526990.032223.jpg

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I appreciate it. I have found one flint arrowhead, 7 copper arrowheads, a Jesuit trade ring, some musket parts, glass trade beads, etc. but nothing like the little figurine it really intrigues me.

Incredible. Id really appreciate it if you could show me a photo of your copper points.

OP
OP
T

thebmasur

Aug 17, 2017
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible. Id really appreciate it if you could show me a photo of your copper points.

IMG_1321.JPG IMG_1321.JPG IMG_3195.JPG
I found some more after this last picture. Hope these are good. I can take better ones tomorrow if you want :)

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure the metal (copper / tin / whatever ) stuff is found much out west....

If it is...I need to go back out and pick up some stuff I've seen, but since it wasn't stone, I left it. DOH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread