Egg sack?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I saw this in a very shallow portion of the creek yesterday. It is submerged completely. Its gelatinous appearance is reminiscent of many fish egg sacks that I’ve seen. However all of them have always looked like phlegmy green balls. This looks like a pink sea anemone; more flowery in appearance. Nature keeps entertaining me. Have a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 20

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of fish eggs are they?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know. I never saw one like this before. I’m hoping someone else will recognize it.
I can't recall ever seeing those during the times I lived in Iowa as a kid, who was out often investigating the creeks.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I can't recall ever seeing those during the times I lived in Iowa as a kid, who was out often investigating the creeks.
This may not be an egg sack. I saw hundreds of the ones that looked like a green transparent slime bag full of tapioca. Usually attached to semi-submerged dead trees and limbs.
This is similar in size and “gelatinicity”.

vonfatman

Jul 21, 2023
KCMO Area
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...I do not know either. I also grew up in Iowa, up by Waterloo. I lived in the woods. Rabbit feared me and my pair of beagles😉
The positive spin with no practical information to help with your mystery.....You have the prettiest slime I have ever seen.

vfm

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hmm...I do not know either. I also grew up in Iowa, up by Waterloo. I lived in the woods. Rabbit feared me and my pair of beagles😉
The positive spin with no practical information to help with your mystery.....You have the prettiest slime I have ever seen.

vfm
Blackhawk County Iowa. They also have some great artifact-hunting areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread