ehhh, its just a damaged 1943 zinc, its only worth face value

jailedLincon87

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1943zinc1.jpeg ,1943find.jpeg, 1943ddo on date.jpeg, hey guys its been a little bit since last post but wanted to see what your opinion is on this,,

Upvote 9
Boy that one is too rough to ever say for sure. In the last picture I think I might see a very faint "8", so my guess is 1948.

i want to agree but those have a weight of 3.1,,, the only thing on the end is a faint tailing but follows the 3 profile,, also see a s mint mark,,,, why always me!!!!!!

I wasn’t gonna bother, but here goes.
Your coin appears to be copper, so whatever road kill damage to the last number in the date isn’t likely a 3.
But, since this is one of your posts, let’s get ready for a tangent about your million dollar coin.

I see a copper penny which means most likey not a 43 but definitely PMD.

What is PMD? I would say it is not a 43, they being minted only one year, and they were zinc coated steel. If it is a 1940-42, It would be Bronze, a 44 thru 49, Brass. It's a 40 something with lots of battle damage. Now, could you have the Holy Grail of Lincoln cents? a 1943 Copper planchet error??? Hardly any known, going from $30,000 to $125,000 in Fine Condition? With the one shown, we will NEVER know. I'm thinking though 1940-42, 44 thru 49, in it's shape, worth I'd say, face value.

All I can see, is that it's copper. Cant make out the last digit from the pics I see.

What does it weigh? It woud have lost a lot of weight due to the corrosion.

awww you guys missed me <3, i have much more to share dont worry, it weighs 2.7. wait until i talk about these strange 4 ,1970,s and 60s penny rolls i got from my bank that came out of the good old seattle's first national bank... :) Hunting does the body good,

'Twas the height of optimism about the merest of cents. This is some very lighthearted drama about a far flung facet of the human condition. These penny-dreadful-penny threads are like a quirky French comedy. I love them dearly.

Happy hunting!

hmmmmm get a coind book you wont have to post all these coins

awww you guys missed me <3, i have much more to share dont worry, it weighs 2.7. wait until i talk about these strange 4 ,1970,s and 60s penny rolls i got from my bank that came out of the good old seattle's first national bank... :) Hunting does the body good,

Son, no offense.... but I gotta block you. You are on my Ignore list.
I’m sure your a good kid, and mean well.....But convincing you with common sense and getting you to understand that the trashed coins are worthless is a losing battle.
I hope you find a treasure worth posting, but I’ll no longer be here to congratulate you.
The alternative is me going off and risking getting sent to banned camp.
I don’t want that to happen, cuz I do like seeing interesting coins from members who don’t have a wild imagination.
I hope you understand, and good luck.

Last edited:
I think it was originally an error with an incomplete date, but has since been beat to hell while lying in a gravel driveway getting ran over for 60 years.

Value 1 cent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back