Eight metal detectors in one!!!(spoilers) 12/5

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Ok so the team digs down 160-165 feet and finds a bone. Who do we think it belongs to? Most likely a previous searcher IMO.

Pottery? At 190 feet?(voice over done by the annoying COOI narrator). 1780 ish pottery is from the previous searchers right? Well maybe not. I am in the belief that the hole was dug only a short time before Mcguiness found it(maybe 3-5 years before). The block and tackle story(which is disputed) would have been rotted and fallen if it was any extended amount of time. Or it could of been a collapse too.

AND then there's metal detecting "expert" and all knowing Gary. With his super-powered "8 metal detectors in one" metal detector! GIVE ME A BREAK! I am surprised he knows which end to use on a CTX 3030 after his "Ship spike" incident from last year. I cringe when he comes on screen.

There is the hint of a rumor that they found the treasure and are keeping it under wraps until the end of this season when they find it. Take that however you will.

So where does this leave us? Not anywhere yet. I am enjoying the show and the pacing this season is much different from previous seasons.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so the team digs down 160-165 feet and finds a bone. Who do we think it belongs to? Most likely a previous searcher IMO.

Pottery? At 190 feet?(voice over done by the annoying COOI narrator). 1780 ish pottery is from the previous searchers right? Well maybe not. I am in the belief that the hole was dug only a short time before Mcguiness found it(maybe 3-5 years before). The block and tackle story(which is disputed) would have been rotted and fallen if it was any extended amount of time. Or it could of been a collapse too.

AND then there's metal detecting "expert" and all knowing Gary. With his super-powered "8 metal detectors in one" metal detector! GIVE ME A BREAK! I am surprised he knows which end to use on a CTX 3030 after his "Ship spike" incident from last year. I cringe when he comes on screen.

There is the hint of a rumor that they found the treasure and are keeping it under wraps until the end of this season when they find it. Take that however you will.

So where does this leave us? Not anywhere yet. I am enjoying the show and the pacing this season is much different from previous seasons.

Yeah that guy with the ctx makes me cringe as well.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If treasure was found it would be all over the world news. They would be blowing their horns and promoting the hell out of the show. Fact is...they are stringing everyone along to get as much as they can out of a dead show.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where can I get me one of those 8 in 1, mega deep, find everything detectors Gary was swinging? :metaldetector:
He did find something on a beach that has been detected over and over and only 2" down!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If treasure was found it would be all over the world news. They would be blowing their horns and promoting the hell out of the show. Fact is...they are stringing everyone along to get as much as they can out of a dead show.

Agree 100%. If they found treasure, they'd be hyping this show like "Dallas" did with who shot J.R.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like many have said...there is nothing on Oak Island, the only money these guys will ever bring in will be the royalties on this show. I loved this show when it came out because of my passion for treasure hunting, but these guys IMO, are not treasure hunters

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You MUST be talking of the Curse of Oak Island, right?
Well, how 'bout that lead Cross, coming out of surf, with very little digging (after LEAD?!)
And, why isn't it beat up and bent???
Sure, those are good detectors, but not Fantastic, as there are Eight detectors out there,
that are as good as he uses on that show. Self-proclaimed "Expert", but we are all like that
in a way - we'd like to think we are doing our hunting, digging with finesse and ease...right? :wink:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where can I get me one of those 8 in 1, mega deep, find everything detectors Gary was swinging? :metaldetector:
He did find something on a beach that has been detected over and over and only 2" down!

On the first episode last year they talked about the bad storms and surf surges that whole area received over the winter. They had to make repairs to their little access road around the island before being able to reach some areas by car. So it is safe to say that anything could have been washed up or even uncovered from the beach area anywhere on the island...

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just like rocks and minerals travel upwards thru the earth's crust and onto the surface, so too will bits and pieces of the Ark, Holy Grail, and Gerard de Villier's gilded codpiece.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With his super-powered "8 metal detectors in one" metal detector!

Maybe he meant "8 metals" detector, it'll detect 8 different kinds of metals. Round, square, long, short, tall, thin, heavy, and gray.

There is the hint of a rumor that they found the treasure and are keeping it under wraps until the end of this season when they find it.

I'll predict they find a 1/4-gram fragment of a tooth proven to be from a 5th-century Hun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread