Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Went and bothered the dirt and sand at a local tot lot.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]This one was an elementary school near the house.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]My knees aren't what they once were, so I gravitate towards the easy digging found in the sand and wood chips of these places.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Casual detecting suits my style, anyway.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I was early, and a yearling deer had to share the play ground with me.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]He wasn't really happy about it, but it couldn't be helped. He kept wandering over to look at me, and each time I moved or turned in his direction he would scamper off.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]This happened two or three times, that I knew, and I finally found the broken section of fence he had been using to enter and exit the schoolyard. My guess is that he has set up camp in this wooded, secluded place, now that school is out for the summer. At least half of the 10-12 acre play yard behind the school is wooded - and fenced. This deer probably feels secure there.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]There weren't a lot of finds, and the going was tedious at times. But I managed to exceed quota, in a few unique ways...[/FONT]
[/FONT]
image_zps55a549d8.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The Pouch Dump.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I normally just shove everything in the pouch as I'm searching. All trash, doohickeys, coins... Everything just goes in. Then I dump it at the end and filter it out. It's like a second treasure hunt. (and if anyone ever asks what I've found, I just show them the overflowing trash. They go away, then)[/FONT]
[/FONT]
image_zpsf7a54690.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The Gleanings[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]All the usual suspects are present.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Lots of foil, as I'm not afraid to recover it in a sand lot. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Some cheap jewelry, earrings, a skull ring and an ferrous cross.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]30 coins, even, two of which were special:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]1 - Eisenhower Dollar[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]1 - $100 Mexican Pesos coin, 1987.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The Ike is worth a dollar, the 100 pesos is valued right at 'nunca,' aka, 'nada' as in a big fat nuttin.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]But both were unexpected, so that makes them COOL.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Thanks for looking.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]HH[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]David[/FONT]

Upvote 9

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and finds Ike & el friend!
Those little round peace symbols seem to be making a come back, I found one last week.
So the bown lump of stuff is tin foil, I had other thoughts there for a minute! :laughing7:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt, deer and coins, don't get much better than that.

OP
OP
dahut

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and finds Ike & el friend!
Those little round peace symbols seem to be making a come back, I found one last week.
So the bown lump of stuff is tin foil, I had other thoughts there for a minute! :laughing7:
the little peace symbol was a stud earring. I chased that wad of foil for a bit, thinking it was something else, too!

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. I do the same. Everything goes into the pouch. Unless it's something valuable then it goes into the special zippered section that is inside the main pouch. Unfortunately the zippered pouch has gone unused this year ha!

OP
OP
dahut

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. I do the same. Everything goes into the pouch. Unless it's something valuable then it goes into the special zippered section that is inside the main pouch. Unfortunately the zippered pouch has gone unused this year ha!
I almost always go detecting with cargo britches - long pants, or shorts in summer.
Anything REALLY special goes in one of the pockets of my britches.

The pouch is for the common stuff, all the trash I can stuff in and my tools:
- pinpointer
- Wilcox trowel
- coin popper
- probe

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions