El junque , San Juan Puerto rico

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Spent yesterday hiking and swimming and enjoying the views, the beach pics are a nice beach in Loquillo where you are allowed to set up a tent and camp out for free with reef protected beach and fairly shallow water , if you look at the blue tarp on the one it looks kinda rough lol , we got there right before an odd windstorm blew thru at 75 mph gusts and we went running under cover , it was a sand, wind and then rain storm that lasted maybe 5 minutes. Thats me in the grey T shirt holding the boat shaped tree branch , I was talked out of doing a jungle slide down the side of a 50 ft embankment but in after thought it was prolly not a good idea lol, The trail is the arboles grande trail "Big tree" about a mile long and it weaves down and around a few ridges and ends at the waterfall. , we got there and the place was packed but the water was cool and clear and felt great, if you have ever walked thru the jungle on a hot day you know how welcome it was. the view from the tower was impressive and you could pic out hotels and the beach over 12 miles away. the trail is a concrete sidewalk and was nice because it seems the ground is always wet in a rain forest..... it drops from around 1,500 feet to 500 or so and for some odd reason the climb back up seemed easier.I have a bad lung and round trip plus 1/2 hour or so at the falls was made in 2 1/2 hours . sign says 40 mins each way shelters are along the way for sudden downpours. Flowers were nice but didnt get pics of them all, maybe next trip. also drove thru the town of Condado and saw a Md'er there just heading onto the sand , Friend wouldn't let me stop and chat as she was tired for some reason hehe more pics added soon as this week there is a series of concerts at a beach called Los Tubos "the tubes" where everyone and their mom goes to camp and party and drop all kinds of goodies, last day is tuesday I believe so I want to be there first thing wed. if I can get a partner to go with. https://picasaweb.google.com/105383933354451703206/20110702?authkey=Gv1sRgCPKIs4X5x5LtmQE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread