67.2 KB · Views: 499

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their horses I guess had big butts!!! LOL Pretty cool item....maybe they also used it to brand other stuff....will do some searches on it.

OP
OP
richm

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will give you a better idea of it's size...Rich

Attachments

• iron3.jpg
    iron3.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 491
S

stefen

Suspect it to be a wood brand used to identify product maker

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
It's old. 19Th century. I would pay because of it rareness "I'm sure it is". Because the ranch more in likely closed. $100.00 - $150.00

I would just try to sell it at the top of your head price and see how far down it comes.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Here's some history on the hotel. When Thomas Hull opened the El Rancho Vegas on April 3, 1941, it was part of his "El Rancho" chain, including similar hotels in Sacramento, California, and Bakersfield, California. El Rancho Vegas was the first resort on what would become the Las Vegas Strip. It was designed by architect Wayne McAllister and offered horseback riding, a large swimming pool and top shows in the "Round-Up Room" (later the "Opera House" theater).

In December 1944, William Wilkerson leased the El Rancho Vegas from then owner Joe Drown for six months. Wilkerson paid Drown $50,000 for the six-month lease. Wilkerson would later go on to build The Flamingo Hotel. The resort went through several changes of ownership before Beldon Katelman, who received a share of ownership upon the death of his uncle, Jake Katelman, in 1950, bought out the remaining shareholders and became the proprietor of record.[2]

The legendary stripper Candy Barr was headlining at El Rancho Vegas in 1959 when she was arrested by the FBI after her appeal on a marijuana conviction originating in Texas was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Harry James and Betty Grable were performing a late show on stage when the hotel was destroyed by a fire on June 17, 1960.[3]

Despite vows to rebuild the El Rancho Vegas after the fire, the plans never materialized. In 1970, billionaire Howard Hughes purchased 60 acres (24 ha) of the land. In 1978, the remnants of the old resort were demolished. The Hilton Grand Vacation Club now occupies a portion of the land.

This would make it a valuable piece of vintage Vegas memorabilia ! I would contact a dealer or shop in Vegas if you want the inside scoop and the best deal

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go, contact Pawn Stars and see what they would give you for it. They love history, especially if it has to do with Vegas

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
2nd that Harely man said ;D I would contact pawn stars or another vegas area dealer. You should be able to make a good score :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
richm

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
There you go, contact Pawn Stars and see what they would give you for it. They love history, especially if it has to do with Vegas
I actually did send a pic and description to "Pawn Stars" about a month ago but they are only interested in items if you are going to be visiting Las Vegas. I sent it anyway but have not heard a response back from them...Rich.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I'm sure they are going to be cautious and cover themselves on anything from email. i would head out there and bring it to them Maybe it will pay for part of your trip :icon_thumleft:. Just do more research before you sell it to anybody.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread