Elated! More gold and silver, too!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A crummy, rainy morning at my local Jr. college right in my neighborhood and I go here when I want to dig but not travel too far.
A 48-49 signal on my F2 and sniper, I should have realized this would be different than the normal can slaw signal because the numbers only jumped one and not two which is more normal.

Not only was this much better than can slaw but on the way back to the car I swung over an 82 which is a quarter signal on the F2 but that was no quarter...it was silver instead!
A nice religious medal marked sterling and at 5.7 grams the heaviest one I have come across so far.
The ring is a hefty 15.9 grams, my 4th class ring since I got into this hobby, and my 9th gold find for this year.
I set a goal of 12 gold targets for this year, crazy I know, but this is month number 9 and I just might hit that goal yet.

I also broke my Lesche digger because I abuse it so badly and pry up targets that are too heavy or stuck in ground that is too hard but I am sure the company will take care of it because it is only about a year old.

On this hunt the bad thing was bad, but the good things made up for it and I still ended up being very happy!

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Arial">

Attachments

• P1040625.jpg
    P1040625.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 125
  • P1040628.jpg
    P1040628.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 121
  • P1040634.jpg
    P1040634.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 144
  • P1040633.jpg
    P1040633.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 1

arrowhead82

Dec 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds! sucks that your digger broke though.
HH

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice digs. Sorry to hear about your Lesche, I thought those things were indestructable. I've used my own Lesche enough in four years that its teeth are nearly worn smooth and now it can no longer cut through roots. I still love it. Good luck in getting yours replaced.

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Congrats on the nice digs. Sorry to hear about your Lesche, I thought those things were indestructable. I've used my own Lesche enough in four years that its teeth are nearly worn smooth and now it can no longer cut through roots. I still love it. Good luck in getting yours replaced.

Not indestructible, this is the second one I broke, but it was my fault both times.
I abuse these and ask a little too much of them sometimes, but it is still the only one I want to use.
Other kinds, (except maybe a Predator), won't last me at all because I pry things up too much when I should be digging, instead.

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good god that lesche pic made me cringe

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The Lesche didn't snap, it just slowly bent and I didn't notice.
I noticed when it finally broke in two, though.
Good thing I had a spare digger with me, as bad as it was, or I never would have stayed to find these two great targets.

lumbergh

Jul 22, 2013
Wake County (Raleigh Area), North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Fisher Metal Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like both ring and silver are Thomas Aquinas - wonder if they belonged to the same person? Are you going to try to track them down? Was there a name in the ring?

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I've never seen a broken Lesche !

OP
OP
digger27

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Looks like both ring and silver are Thomas Aquinas - wonder if they belonged to the same person? Are you going to try to track them down? Was there a name in the ring?

That was the name of the high school that used this field for football games back in the day.
This is a forgotten field nobody uses anymore and I don't think anyone else hunts it so there might be much more at this site.

My first returned class ring was a very frustrating experience, on the next two I tried to contact by calling the owners and put my name and e-mail on some lost ring sites but was ignored.
This one, I don't know...maybe.
Lots of returns go great, others not so much.
I am not sure I want to go through all that again but I will think on it and decide.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread