Elderon Hunt

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Got up early with the intention of hunting the Chinese laundry again,but once there the ground was so frozen,I couldn't dig. We were able to pull out a frozen glass blown cobalt bead and a chunk of silver tho.I showed it to Seeker and even in this terrible condition ,he thought it might be a bust dime...can see tiny stars around the edge and two 8's.I have no clue,just happy its silver.
We decided to go to Elderon, about thirty miles ,hoping the ground would warm up enough to hunt. Elderon is a great old town,with alot of 1800's buildings still left. There are only about 190 people living there now,but it was quite a bustling little city at one time. For such a tiny town,it had four very beautiful parks along the water and ponds.
We concentrated on what used to be the Main Street and talked to several very nice people who gave us even more sites to hunt. Mostly found wheat's and a few Rosie's, but had two suprises at the park. I climbed down a small hill next to a creekbed because I could see some bottles under it and rusty granite pans. These were nestled under a huge cedar/pine grove and had about 4-6 inches of dry needles over them . After wrestling some of the bottles out ,I saw something shining and there was this great pocket watch. Not really old,I think? but in fantastic condition just dirty. It looked like someone had just laid it on the bed of pine needles. It says Westclox Pocket Ben .
Mariah was detecting on a playground area and I walked up to help her.She had already found about four wheat's around an old pavilion . I went to hunt around the swings ,when immediately Lil Ms Detector started singing me that sweet high pitch sound.......I started moving wood chips and was blinded by the glare...beautiful ring....Now whether its real or not , I will find out. But its heavy and pretty and for right now ,we will just continue to act like we found the Hope Diamond.
I loved the two deer that just ignored me as I was swinging away.

Attachments

• silver  small stars.JPG
    silver small stars.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 671
  • Elderon General Store.JPG
    Elderon General Store.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 674
  • behind old Hotel.JPG
    behind old Hotel.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 682
  • Junk diggings.JPG
    Junk diggings.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 680
  • Road behind ballfield.JPG
    Road behind ballfield.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 665
  • lots of bottles and iron.JPG
    lots of bottles and iron.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 675
  • please be real please be real.JPG
    please be real please be real.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 668
  • Elderon Town Hall.JPG
    Elderon Town Hall.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 656
  • Two deer having breakfast in meadow while I hunted close.JPG
    Two deer having breakfast in meadow while I hunted close.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Gypsy,even tho you were not able to make the TNET hunt,you were certainly missed and thought of.The hunt you did make there rewarded you with some terrific finds.WTG! I'm glad you were able to team up with someone and have a great time.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like usual you have found another great looking place to hunt! Main street in the town looks very old , I'm sure the area surronding those old homes would produce some nice coin finds and mabe even Gold!!! :o Glad you both had lots of fun even with the cold weather ! :)

Plus .... like the Picture of the Meadow and the deer !!!

;) ;) ;)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you tell the BEST stories Gypsy! I really like the ring and the watch. Too bad ole man winter is right around the corner :D. Our ground was a bit frozen here in KY Sunday morning, it thawed out about 10:00 and the weather turned good.

Thanks for posting the finds and sharing the story.

HH/NS

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Real Nice, Gypsy! WTG! Some Good Finds Too! Hope the Ring's Real!!!!!!! Did anyone check under that old General Store's Porch?
Just seemed to say, Here! Here!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
buscadero said:
Real Nice, Gypsy! WTG! Some Good Finds Too! Hope the Ring's Real!!!!!!! Did anyone check under that old General Store's Porch?
Just seemed to say, Here! Here!

Hahaha...You know better than to ask me that....You can bet thats the very first place I went. I am going back as there are several old out buildings that were used for storage behind the store...

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gypsy....Ground is frozen?? Oh no...not already!? >:(

Sounds like you and the girls had a productive day...especially after finding that gorgeous ring. I hope it's real. :o

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Deer, deer, deer what a great day (again). The ring is real. Real pretty no matter what. Nice watch also. You rock!! Anything stating 14k 12k?

M

mchamby

I bet you tried that ring on your finger and it looked real pretty, I hope it turns out to be the real bling.
HH
Mchamby

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Way to go girls.A well rounded day of recovery....congrats....joe

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy...great finds, sounds like you ahd a good day and had some VERY nice finds, hope the ring is real...:):) I;ve been bouncing around trying to hit some key sites before the ground freezes here, and reading your post about the ground being too frozen to dig has sent me into a panic and added some urgency to my hunting...I HATE winter...:)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds gypsy.

The ring is a real nice one. Seeker sure is a ladies man. All support from me. I'm not saying nothing.

Congrats on the ring again

HH Jer

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, site and hunt Gypsy and I hope the ring is the real deal! Too bad you couldn't make the CW hunt. HH, Mike

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Gypsy

Sounds like you all had a great time. Excellent assortment of finds there, congrats. Sure hope the ring is the real thing. Keep it coming 'til the snow flies.

Smiles!
BDoo

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!!! Love that ring, hope it's the real thing. Awesome pics too.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread